Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, but I've actually been playing DR's before I even knew Alexi did. Of course it is marketing! I would buy Yngwie signature strings if I could be able to play like him, haha! In fact, I'm gonna buy a new set today! Broke a string yesterday and I love the sound of new DR's! Hopefully a heavier set will fix my Lo-Pro Edge problem :err:

Signature DR strings? Haha, how gay. I know it's only a marketing tool for fanboys and they're probably made from shit but I still think it's weird. "Signature strings"...

Speaking of signature stuff, i read an interview with Dave Mustaine today, and he was speaking about all of his signature gear. And then he started talking about a coffee shop he found, called Legendary, and he started sponsoring him, so they made him his very own signature coffee :lol: !

I got to learn how to roll my fingers to play things like the Demon Driver sweep solo! You know... play different notes on the same fret up and down like Gary's cheet sweep. (1:32)

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of signature stuff, i read an interview with Dave Mustaine today, and he was speaking about all of his signature gear. And then he started talking about a coffee shop he found, called Legendary, and he started sponsoring him, so they made him his very own signature coffee :lol: !

LOL!

I heard about that some time ago! He has his own COFFEE! :lol::kickass:

Ok so today, i finished school, and got to play for all the 10th graders and parents (woo!):D

There were also 2 rappers who tried to get "everybodys hands in the air". 2-3 people (parents) was the only one and I was all "Riiighhht...".
And the applause were like: "we have to clap or else we'll be rude".

When I came on to turn the amp on and get ready people were already "Woo-ing" me!:D They also clapped to the rythm when I started getting all Yngwie on their asses:cool: And when I was done... It was just.. Wow... The applause was HUGE!

I played a Czardas/Rondo Alla Turca medley with my teacher accompanying me on piano btw. :)

After the show people I knew, people in my class and people I DIDN'T knew came up to me and gave me compliments!:D

It was so great:oops:

Ive been jamming with this cover band lately, its a female fronted symphonic metal band, the singer moved to the USA from Spain about a year ago and she has an amazing voice.
Right now they only do covers of mediocre female fronted bands like nightwish, serenia, within temptation, Evenesence, Lacuna Coil so im not super pumped about all that, BUTT they want me to write original music for them so I'm gonna transform them into an ass kicking Sinergy-Style machine! The only thing I'm kind of weird about is that they are all quite a bit older than me. Im 21 and they are all like 30-34 except for the keyboardist whos closer to my age, but oh well they are all fun people and this should be a good side project in addition to my heavier band 'm working on. We have our first gig with me in the band on saturday playing those covers, It might get videotaped, I'l post it even though its shitty music that has boring guitar haha!

Lots of text
It was so great

Sounds cool :)

Signature DR strings? Haha, how gay. I know it's only a marketing tool for fanboys and they're probably made from shit but I still think it's weird. "Signature strings"...

Yngwie has signature strings...

Unless there's something special about them, I don't see the idea, but hey - it's probably good money so I understand why they do it.

Yeah, but I've actually been playing DR's before I even knew Alexi did. Of course it is marketing! I would buy Yngwie signature strings if I could be able to play like him, haha! In fact, I'm gonna buy a new set today! Broke a string yesterday and I love the sound of new DR's! Hopefully a heavier set will fix my Lo-Pro Edge problem :err:

I bet Alexi's signature strings will be like 0.11-50 and 0-10-52 anyways and be JUST LIKE THE ORDINARY Highbeams. I don't fancy those gauges at all. I got the 11-50 titefits whereas he uses Highbeams and i don't like the strings because they are too light gauge for me. Need HEAVIER gauge. 12-52 or 12-56 will be my next gauges :lol: Probly 12-52 on my RR and 12-56 on the schecter!

Oh and i bought DR once just because there was nothing else than DR and Daddario in the shop and i hate daddario so much:lol: Then i actually found the DRs superior quality to Daddario. I also reccomend GHS Boomers.

Someone here tried the Zakk Wylde signature set with string gauge 0.11-70?:lol: That's fuckin huge string gauge.

I tried the zakk wylde set once on my ibanez iceman years ago, i had to widen the nut for it to accept the low E string lol.

GHS are nice but they wear out SO fast IMO

I;ve got the summer so can finnaly play 6 hours+ a day, how would it best benefit me to practice so my overall lead technique improves? if anyone has any Guitar Pro files that could aid please upload to sendspace and send me the link, or someone give me some pointers about how i should spend my time or structure it.
Answers MUCH APPRECIATED

Well, on http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ you can search for Alexi Laiho, Jani and it download The Art Of Alexi Laiho and The Art Of Jani Liimatainen, it helped me a lot. Also, there's Steve Vai 30 hours workout. Hope this help.
I usually start out with scale to loosen up, then anything goes from there. :)

I;ve got the summer so can finnaly play 6 hours+ a day, how would it best benefit me to practice so my overall lead technique improves? if anyone has any Guitar Pro files that could aid please upload to sendspace and send me the link, or someone give me some pointers about how i should spend my time or structure it.
Answers MUCH APPRECIATED

Get in contact with me...