Guitar Player's Thread

I've seen that one, it's really good.

Speaking of necrophagist, anyone heard anything when their forum will be up?

I was playing at my local store today, mainly trying the Vox ToneLab preamp, and i found this awesome guitar. It's a signature Stratocaster named Fender Nono, i haven't heard of the guy, but the guitar was awesome, i'm not much for stratocasters, but i liked this one alot, even though it only had 21 frets.

fendernonostrat.jpg

It's not the easiest necrophagist riff, that's for sure.
Fermented offal discharge is easier.

21 frets :erk: that pickguard :erk:

Still, it's a strat, so it must have been cool.

21 frets sucks yeah, but that pickguard is secks!

The first few riffs of Foul Body Autopsy sound playable, what do you think?

I find that one quite playable, actually. I got it perfect to 110 once (top speed is 120) and I only practised it for one day so I'm sure with about a week or so, you'll have it down.

well if you have more than 1 guitar you should keep one tuned down to whatever down tuning you usually play in and then keep the other in standard tuning. that's what i would do. but i'd need 5 guitars so i wouldn't have to keep tuning down or up.

You don't even need to change the tuning on your guitar, just change it in GP and you practice the same positions, and when you do get hold of a guitar in the right tuning, you'll know the song anyways.

I always use the same tuning for every song i play.

hahaha....dude i have great respect for muhammed....he doesn't look like most metal heads. when i first saw a video of necrophagist i was surprised cuz they're not into their looks that much. they look like pretty normal guys. muhammed doesn't even have long hair! props to him. it goes to show he doesn't try to prove anything. his playing says it all.

*less than 2 minutes.

Well, 2 minutes on a good day. Average is around 5 minutes though.

at least 5 minutes on any FR i've ever played, cross tuning is a big pain in the ass. And going from E to D if you want your guitar to have the best playability you'll wanna probably adjust bridge tension or string height as well. Under 2 minutes doesn't seem right :err: