Guitar Player's Thread

good luck man! boogies ftw, (rectoverb is better single rectifier for cleans though).

Oh thanks for telling me, I really care lol
Nah i've grown to hate the character of the distortion on the mesa, I want to trade it in for a Peavey JSX soon.

Show went well, Except for a few screw ups from intense head banging and running around, but you all know how that goes.

Pics once i get them

Oh thanks for telling me, I really care lol
Nah i've grown to hate the character of the distortion on the mesa, I want to trade it in for a Peavey JSX soon.

Show went well, Except for a few screw ups from intense head banging and running around, but you all know how that goes.

Pics once i get them

Shweet.

For those of you that are participating in the Forum Jam 5, please do NOT send me your solos for 2 weeks. I will not receive them. Thanks.

question: I haven't tried any string skipping exercises yet, but are you supposed alternate pick when you do them?

not necessarily, paul gilbert and michael romeo style, i just down pick the whole sequence because its usually just a lot of legato stuff, but when it is picking then yes i do alternate. or sometimes economy works better. look at my video (shitty quality yes) of string skipping shit and look at my picking

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=38t7gOQiq-E[/ame]

I was to a festival last night and saw Norther play from the front row. Took some pics and Kride had a new guitar so i thought this might interest you :) Also the hair shocked me quite a bit. Petri said in the beginning "Yes. Kride quit the band a week ago and instead we got fucking tom cruise and he can sing,act and play guitar so it's fine" :lol:

bild028al1.jpg

I got more pics but atm im too lazy to upload. The guitar is NOT a Jackson.

Holy shit, Kride quit? :cry: (Edit: Oh wait, he only cut his hair :lol:)

It's probably an Amfisound!

The logo looked like it was in the size of a ESP logo or something else. I have no idea. He used to have a Jackson RR with 24 frets and skull inlays though.

Oh...i checked and compared the Amfisound logo with what i remember. PERFECT MATCH. I confirm Kride then using a Amfisound. Norther playd badass last night...really good set.

2jdic5f.jpg

BACKING TRACK (12 Donkeys)
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif
ncxl3k.gif

GP4 TAB

• Record your solo over the section 00:02-00:22 and save the solo guitar ONLY as .mp3 and also save a seperate mp3 of both joined together so I know exactly how you want it to sound. Upload a .rar file of both .mp3 files to http://www.sendspace.com and send me the link via this thread or PM.

If you upload your version with both tracks combined, I no longer need the 4 beat intro click on the solo guitar.

The deadline for the end of this jam will be in 3 weeks at least. If you fail to send me anything within this week (Mon to Sat) then please do NOT send me ANYTHING via PM with sendspace links as I will not be able to download for 2 weeks so they will expire. I will ask for the remaining links when I am ready.

yes

The logo looked like it was in the size of a ESP logo or something else. I have no idea. He used to have a Jackson RR with 24 frets and skull inlays though.

Oh...i checked and compared the Amfisound logo with what i remember. PERFECT MATCH. I confirm Kride then using a Amfisound. Norther playd badass last night...really good set.

The hair :O Shocked! :lol:

I;ve got the summer so can finnaly play 6 hours+ a day, how would it best benefit me to practice so my overall lead technique improves? if anyone has any Guitar Pro files that could aid please upload to sendspace and send me the link, or someone give me some pointers about how i should spend my time or structure it.
Answers MUCH APPRECIATED

BUMP?