Guitar Player's Thread

Here is a photo from last night's gig with the new band, Gotta love my awkward singing face doing backup vocals.

More pictures when I get em!

l_9155f0a91963922bdecd3ab5f3fa980f.jpg

I seriously want to hear some sound clips of that guitar. What's the body wood? Ash?

Anyone tried Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12-56? I'm getting them:D
Yeah, I used them for standard B and standard C tunings in the past. Great for those tunings. I would'nt use them for any higher tunings though because the string tension would be too high, and difficult to bend the treble strings.

Yeah, I used them for standard B and standard C tunings in the past. Great for those tunings. I would'nt use them for any higher tunings though because the string tension would be too high, and difficult to bend the treble strings.

I was gonna use em for D/Drop C. :loco:
Maybe too high tuning, but I can't stand slack strings.

I think i'm gonna use the 11-70 set on my RR instead (Anyone tried these w/ a FR?), and the 12-56 on my other guitars.

My mind is really cloudy atm, i think i'm on a wild goose chase here:erk:

I was gonna use em for D/Drop C. :loco:
Maybe too high tuning, but I can't stand slack strings.

I think i'm gonna use the 11-70 set on my RR instead (Anyone tried these w/ a FR?), and the 12-56 on my other guitars.

My mind is really cloudy atm, i think i'm on a wild goose chase here:erk:

Well, it all depends on how much tension you're used to. I'm a guy who plays with 9-46 in standard E and 10-52 in standard D, so I'm kinda used to light strings. Your best bet is just to try, maybe you'll like them.

The 11-70 set you're talking about is insane though. The low 70 is thicker than what's commonly used for the 8th string on 8-string guitars so.....good luck with that one :lol:

Well, it all depends on how much tension you're used to. I'm a guy who plays with 9-46 in standard E and 10-52 in standard D, so I'm kinda used to light strings. Your best bet is just to try, maybe you'll like them.

The 11-70 set you're talking about is insane though. The low 70 is thicker than what's commonly used for the 8th string on 8-string guitars so.....good luck with that one :lol:

Ah ok, I like the tension tight and I can't stand gauge 9 strings:lol:

I'm hoping the 11-70 will go through the tuners.. :lol:

I seriously want to hear some sound clips of that guitar. What's the body wood? Ash?

It's Alder, This guitar sounds SOO much different from all the other guitars i own, the tone is very chimelike well I mean like you can really hear the string definition and picking characteristics well and it rings very nicely,