Guitar Player's Thread

I might be getting a new guitar next year, but as of now, i've spent too much money on gear, so i'll just have to wait some time.

Still, my dream iceman would be Red with white hardware and tonezone/humbucker from hell setup!

How is that Xiphos of yours working out btw?

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for asking. The neck is great, not too thin so pretty much perfect for my hands which adds to the incredible playability. Never played a guitar with better fret access. The edge 3 is gravy! I have no idea why it gets so much stick, it stays in tune perfectly and has a neat system of tightening the trem arm using an allen key. I also love how the guitar has fat, warm tone and enduring sustain.

Really is an amazing guitar for the price; so comfortable, although having said that the only downpoint is the fucking insane neck dive when standing. Which sucks as it means I have to drill an extra hole into the body gahhh :eek:

Great to hear, the price for the X series (the xiphos and the iceman) are really low for the features and hardware they have. How about posting some recordings with it?

This thread needs moar action btw, i'm anxious for the forum jam :D !

I can do one better if I can snag my brothers video camera when he gets back from Florida soon :p.

Talking of action have you seen this guy from the RX boards, o_O and he even said it was 50/50 improv.!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some dude in my town's classifieds is selling an ADA MP-1 pre-amp for 100 bucks, Im going to buy it and play it for a while and then sell it for twice that on ebay :lol:

Pђoenix;7383957 said:
I can do one better if I can snag my brothers video camera when he gets back from Florida soon :p.

Talking of action have you seen this guy from the RX boards, o_O and he even said it was 50/50 improv.!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PIiuQp_Fgc

He actually won Greg Howe's "Play with me" competition with that vid, pretty cool stuff! I really enjoyed his phrasing, really tight and agressive, but i'm not really that fond of his fast playing.

Some dude in my town's classifieds is selling an ADA MP-1 pre-amp for 100 bucks, Im going to buy it and play it for a while and then sell it for twice that on ebay :lol:

Wtf :lol: Send it my way so i can try it out and then i'll send it back to you ;)

Wtf :lol: Send it my way so i can try it out and then i'll send it back to you ;)

I checked it out today, the input jack is fucked up and needs to be fixed or replaced but that should be no biggy, the guy thats selling is like in a wheelchair and has no legs and one of his arms is like half missing, looks like he was in a pretty bad car accident or something terrible he probably wont be able to play guitar for a while :(

I checked it out today, the input jack is fucked up and needs to be fixed or replaced but that should be no biggy, the guy thats selling is like in a wheelchair and has no legs and one of his arms is like half missing, looks like he was in a pretty bad car accident or something terrible he probably wont be able to play guitar for a while :(

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if it's that bad he'll probably never be able to play guitar again. Really sad to hear though :(

On another note, this guitar is awesome

RG565_1.jpg

Pђoenix;7383682 said:
Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for asking. The neck is great, not too thin so pretty much perfect for my hands which adds to the incredible playability. Never played a guitar with better fret access. The edge 3 is gravy! I have no idea why it gets so much stick, it stays in tune perfectly and has a neat system of tightening the trem arm using an allen key. I also love how the guitar has fat, warm tone and enduring sustain.

Really is an amazing guitar for the price; so comfortable, although having said that the only downpoint is the fucking insane neck dive when standing. Which sucks as it means I have to drill an extra hole into the body gahhh :eek:
yeah I still haven't fixed that balance problem cuz I'm hesitant about drilling those other holes :erk: Btw, how do you tighten the trem arm with the allen key?

Great to hear, the price for the X series (the xiphos and the iceman) are really low for the features and hardware they have. How about posting some recordings with it?

This thread needs moar action btw, i'm anxious for the forum jam :D !

man, I haven't even started on the jam! I'll be sure to start tomorrow.

Pђoenix;7383957 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PIiuQp_Fgc

yeah that's andy james. Hes on the petrucci forum too. Fucking insane player.

Btw, considering my entry. I have it composed, I just lack an extra guitar chord to record. Once I either get a new one or get one of my friend's, ill record.

Oh snap! I forgot all about that jam! :lol: I'll record... soon.

I just transcribed/learned how to play that funky keyboard riff in The Lotus Eaters. Badass, haha! Not hard, took me like 5 minutes.

yeah that's andy james. Hes on the petrucci forum too. Fucking insane player.

Btw, considering my entry. I have it composed, I just lack an extra guitar chord to record. Once I either get a new one or get one of my friend's, ill record.

dude this happens to you every time! XD

^
That is a total Ray Manzarek moment. They channeled some Doors there.

HAHA! Yeah, that's what I thought too when I first heard it :lol:

Count me on that list of faulty guitar cords. Mine cuts out a lot. I think it is because the jack is bent or something. It works, just is very annoying.