Guitar Player's Thread

how haunting would it be if we had the Requiem For a Dream theme song as our next backing track :zombie:

well, as soon as i get my mini-studio up and running (which will be like never at this rate :zombie:), my vote will be for mediterranean sundance (al di meola). the solo section bit that starts off in E-Aeolian, going Emin, Amin, Dmaj7, Gmaj, then switches to E-Phrygian with the Fmaj, Emin, and finally ends with a harmonic minor bit with i believe off the top off my head is another Dmaj7, although i don't quite remember, it might go to F#dim, B7. I was jamming on that the other day, i think all the modulations would kind of make the jam interesting, as well as it being a pretty upbeat track.

I thought Aeolian was indeed the minor scale...so you say he starts in E Aeolian and then goes to Emin... :confused:

And with all those key changes, I don't think most of the people here will be able to handle it.

I thought Aeolian was indeed the minor scale...so you say he starts in E Aeolian and then goes to Emin... :confused:

And with all those key changes, I don't think most of the people here will be able to handle it.

yeah, it is. the chord progression starts off with an Emin.

but wtf, it's 2 SCALES PEOPLE!! :lol:

and, ONE NOTE DIFFERENCE ffs :lol::lol:

(well -technically- 3 and 2 but yeah :p)

yeah, it'd be helpful to write down the scales and all. The theoretical terms can confuse some people :p

first 4 chords: E F# G A B C D E (e natural minor)

next 2: E F G A B C D E (e phrygian)

last bit: E F# G A B C D# E (e harmonic minor) *

*note: you don't HAVE to use the harmonic minor in here, but if it's a backing with the dominant chord it's rather implied (among a few other scales...)

Shredtastical is right. The only difference between the first key (G or Em) and the second (C or Am) is that you play F# in the first instead of F like in the second.

Some thoughts:
I wouldn't play E aeolian over Dmaj7. Dmaj7 is not part of G (the key) because of the c#. So if you play the sixth note of E-aeolian (c) over Dmaj7 with it's c#, it may sound like shit.

And the B7 would make sense, because the D# in the harmonic minor would be the major 3rd (english name?) in the chord B7.

Sounds like a good idea for a BT to me.

Shredtastical is right. The only difference between the first key (G or Em) and the second (C or Am) is that you play F# in the first instead of F like in the second.

Some thoughts:
I wouldn't play E aeolian over Dmaj7. Dmaj7 is not part of G (the key) because of the c#. So if you play the sixth note of E-aeolian (c) over Dmaj7 with it's c#, it may sound like shit.

And the B7 would make sense, because the D# in the harmonic minor would be the major 3rd (english name?) in the chord B7.

Sounds like a good idea for a BT to me.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9cadbYIzhqQ[/ame]

and i fucked up, it's just a D :p

first 4 chords: E F# G A B C D E (e natural minor)

next 2: E F G A B C D E (e phrygian)

last bit: E F# G A B C D# E (e harmonic minor) *

*note: you don't HAVE to use the harmonic minor in here, but if it's a backing with the dominant chord it's rather implied (among a few other scales...)

wow, that's a lovely piece. just listened to it. but I'd assume it'd be nice if we all had classical/acoustic guitars for that...something I'm lacking atm.

and also what happened to that Fmaj you mentioned? that would have Bflat in it :p