Guitar Player's Thread

wow, that's a lovely piece. just listened to it. but I'd assume it'd be nice if we all had classical/acoustic guitars for that...something I'm lacking atm.

and also what happened to that Fmaj you mentioned? that would have Bflat in it :p

No, it doesn't. The KEY F would have a Bflat. But he mentioned the CHORD Fmaj in the Key of C. There's no Bflat in it, the notes of the chord Fmaj are F-A-C. :)

HAHA! Mikael is the man...

Mikael Åkerfeldt;3605788 said:
That was great! I remember Andy Sneap showed us where he was gonna build the new studio and now it seem to be done! Great seeing that clip. I love Nevermore, I think they're vastly underrated, and Loomis as a guitar player is unbelievable! You can't mention the guy from Bodom in the same sentence, quite honestly it's the C-league in comparison! Loomis is probably my favourite guitarplayer in metal today! And a great, great guy as well. We toured with them some years back and the guys are fantastic! Can't wait to hear the new album!!!

Cheers
Mike

Im back from the Tuska weekend. I visited 3 guitar stores so this is what i tried out!

Schecter's: Hellraiser V,C-1 Hellraiser,C-7 Hellraiser, C-1 Blackjack,C-1 Exotic star!

Opinion/Sound: All sounded really great thru a tube stack! Liked them all...especially the V's which remind me greatly of Michael Amott. They were very clear sounding and had a great neck and playability! The components were top class and the finish and feel was just awesome. The neck was something of a cross of Jackson/Ibanez and ESP. Great guitars! Now im sure that i want the hellraiser. 7 stringers were nice as fuck! The Exotic Star was FUCKING heavy though...i was like "w00t".

Dean guitars:Razorback,Razorback V

Opinion: What the fuck people? The fuss about these is incredible on the nets and im one to say they are NOT worth the price. The floyd rose felt cheap,the neck was pure uncomfortability for me(V shaped neck),the Finish seemed like it would chip away easily. And YES the headstock is HUGE!. Didn't try one through a amp because i was just so fuckin suprised how i shit i found those guitars. Goddammit!

Jackson's: Again a RR24 and a Kelly

Opinion: Didn't like those 2 at all. The RR24 is such shit compared to my RR24...i cant believe it. It feels unbelievably "plastic" and has a unsolid playability. Store setups suck! The Kelly wasnt that good either...the action was way too low!

AMPS!

Marshall's: JVM and DSL

Opinon: Played a RR24 thru a JVM and it had noise and it was pretty dry sounding at it's setting. Something hit me about this guitar that it was not at all so great for THAT price. It was fucken versatile though and had a nice megadeth sound. The DSL was like a tamer version of JVM...i think it was okay but i don't really like those amps that much. The voicing was good though because it was kind of nice. I should have spent more time on these.

Bugera: 6260,6262

Opinion: Okay i must say this one suprised me. Didn't like it. It was too grainy and did not have THAT rich tone. The lead channel could have featured a different voicing which at the time was pretty modern and grainy. The treble did remove grain but it also took away some important clarity. The bass was a bit lacking. It DID although have a really nice chunk to it and felt tube-y. But there is some improvements i would want to hear like some more versatility in the tone. Ofcourse i didn't spend that much time to play around on it so dont take my word really seriously. I just like my Randall more!

Peavey's: Valveking
It's okay...nothing more to say. IMO not brilliant and not fucked up. Pretty good for the price to be honest. Regardless what people say this has plenty of GAIN!. I didnt really tweak on it because the sound isolated tube amp room was too dark for it.

I also tested a Orange tiny terror...nice amp! Gets the 80s metal stuff nicely done IMO.

Thats my harsh 2 cents...

:lol:

All those amps are okay regardless of my picky opinions. The JVM had impressive much controls but really didnt do it for me tbh. The Bugera had some lacking stuff but it did get the job done VERY WELL for a 500€. The Valveking exceeded my expectations and the tiny terror was great.

Alright guys, went to this music shop yesterday with my friend, as he wanted to buy a new bass amp and decided to try some guitars while I was there.

I havn't really tried any decent Ibanez before and everything I tried, the damn people working there were giving me shit kind of guitars. I saw this one hanging on the wall and decided to try it out. It was the first neck-through I ever played on and DEAR GOD IT FEELS SO GREAT. Everything I was playing just felt so damn good in my hands. The sound was amazing, fret access was incredibly easy and I felt no difference between, lets say, 15th fret and the 24th. We were kind of in a hurry at the store so I didn't bother to look at the model's name and shits, but back home I went to look for it, and I just found out I was playing on an Ibanez RG prestige.

I fell in love with this guitar, it may well be my next purchase :kickass: (That is if I can find 2200$ for it..)

Neck through Ibanez Prestige, sounds like it was probably one of these:
RGT320Z_RBB_00_01.gif

Yeah they are incredible.

Neck through Ibanez Prestige, sounds like it was probably one of these

Yeah they are incredible.

Yep, same one, just not the same color, but whatever. It's the first Ibanez I actually felt good while playing, and is just awesome looking.:headbang: