Guitar Player's Thread

Is it me or the production of the album could have been way better? Cool solo BTW, doesn't feel too wanky for AA at all.

haha yeah I did, thought it would be fun for the judges cause Alexi does that often.

Yeah, your solo was very cool, original and Alexi-ish in it's own way, I think you have good chances to win. You should have ended it grabbing that mug you have on the table and drinking from it, and then cutting, :lol:

too bad you broke up short after the rising force solo begin. i would like to see you play this crazy run after this octave sweeping.

I just do it as a 3 string sweep arpeggio, instead of doing it the 2 string way like Yngwie does on the album version.

I didn't really like the solo...

I got a leak of half the album, Guardians of Asgaard is my favorite. I still prefer With Oden On Our Side, let see in a month if its the same.

Yes, i agree. Oden is just a bit better at the moment.. let's see. This song and Varyags are my favourites so far.

The production sound fine on my speakers.

And I'm liking the catchy guitar riffs, but I'm not liking the lack of the overlying guitar melodies that were so prominent in WOOOS.

I've never listened to them, but judging from that one song (the one with roope solo), I like. Gotta get more from somewhere. The solo didn't quite fit perfectly in the song though, but better than I thought it would. I'd have the opportunity to go see them when they tour with Slayer and fellas but I doubt I'll go... Just one good artist, two crappy ones and Slayer, which I don't particularly like.

This Amon Amarth song is cool. I like the verse chord progression alot, the chorus sounds cool and the interlude riff is catchy, regardless of the fact that it's a pretty overused idea.. Not too keen on the vocals though.

And I really liked Roope's solo! I didn't know what to expect at all but he impressed me, techincally and musically. All those fast things reminded me of the good ol' Sinergy days. :cry:

And I can now cross off a guitar from my WANTED list. :D

1997 USA Jackson RR1 - Eerie Dess Swirl finish.

Body: Poplar
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Inlays: Mother Of Pearl
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Pickups: EMG 81 & 85
Frets: Jumbo 22

2ezu1xk.jpg

23vghfa.jpg

20f7uh1.jpg

Should have it in about a month.

Nice song, gotta love the part with "Twilight of the Thundergod" lyrics :D
Its so fucking catchy ...

Hey Mitch, veeeeery cool guitar out there, the best Jackson i ever played, i think you can cross your whole wanted list with this one.
How much did you pay ?

This Amon Amarth song is cool. I like the verse chord progression alot, the chorus sounds cool and the interlude riff is catchy, regardless of the fact that it's a pretty overused idea.. Not too keen on the vocals though.

And I really liked Roope's solo! I didn't know what to expect at all but he impressed me, techincally and musically. All those fast things reminded me of the good ol' Sinergy days. :cry:

Body: Poplar
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Inlays: Mother Of Pearl
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Pickups: EMG 81 & 85
Frets: Jumbo 22

2ezu1xk.jpg

23vghfa.jpg

20f7uh1.jpg

Should have it in about a month.

come'on mitch! you should have got a nice cab and power amp with that money and start playing in a band!

Sick rhoads though!

I'm getting ready to move back to college, I'm gonna have to figure out what im bringing guitar-wise lol

Iam going to buy a guitar in the next time to ... but iam not really shure which one ... on one hand i dont want a floyd (otherwise i would also check out the rr1) but on the other its pretty cool ...
But since i already have a guitar with an original Floyd one iam going to take some ESP Viper Std. or an ESP V Original Series ... i dont freaking now :D

You've played one of these RR1's? Lucky man! But I'll be luckier. :p

And yeah Lowberg, I should be doing stuff like that but I'm completely unprepared. I have no members to rawk out with, no full songs that would be suitable for a metal band and practically no free time. I've pretty much fucked myself up here but I'll see what I can do soon when it comes to getting back into music performance. But the GP-1000 can be plugged straight into a combo amp or something, so I'm capable of playing live, but I'm not fully equipped like I could be. I used my ADA MP-1 when I played with a friends band and it sounded fine on it's own.

I just didn't want to turn this guitar down, since I lost a bid on Ebay for a 80's RR1 in blue that I wanted on the same day. I wasn't going to go for this because it was more expensive but since the seller is prepared to wait, it's MINE when I get paid and borrow shitloads of money of everyone. :D

That's what i was thinking aswell!

It's cool, for an RR :p

But seriously, i can really picture you with that guitar, congratulations on the buy!

Btw gais, first real day of uni tomorrow, i'm psyched and nervous, but i reckon it will be awesome, wish me luck! :eek:

^Good luck, Inhe!
I remember I was feeling worried and nervous too... but then it went all better than I could have ever expected. Don't be too worried. :)

And great guitar, Mitch, I knew you'd have made it and got it. I love the way that guitar looks, you'll make it look even better... hehe!
Make sure to post loooots of pics when you get it... we'll be waiting. :)

Btw gais, first real day of uni tomorrow, i'm psyched and nervous, but i reckon it will be awesome, wish me luck! :eek:

Woah, you start early over there. In the UK college/school doesn't start until September, and Uni doesn't start until October! o_O. Well good luck anyhow.