Guitar Player's Thread

I am thinking about changing my strings on my guitar - I normally keep them on until they feel that they need changing; but out of interest how often you guys change strings?

Also, I'm considering getting a wah pedal - is this worth the expense ,and if so what one?
I'm considering the Zakk Wylde signature one, as apparently its better than the orginal ,any other option would be welcome.

^ I usually change my strings when my treble strings begin to show signs of wear - the strings will be marked (like a different color) where the fret is located. This usually happens every 4-6 weeks, but I usually wait a few months to change them because I'm simply too lazy :p

That or if my strings break due to my whammy usage :erk:

I am thinking about changing my strings on my guitar - I normally keep them on until they feel that they need changing; but out of interest how often you guys change strings?

Also, I'm considering getting a wah pedal - is this worth the expense ,and if so what one?
I'm considering the Zakk Wylde signature one, as apparently its better than the orginal ,any other option would be welcome.

I think the same way as you actually, if I have a set of strings laying around, and the strings I currently have on feels dead, I change 'em. And also.. If I don't have strings laying around, I change them about monthly i guess?

And about the wah, I've tried a regular crybaby, it was ok, I'm not really into wah's tho. If I ever use a wah I just use my auto-wah on my V-Amp2 :)

Thanx gais!

Shit, I gonna replace my strings then right fucking now -

I was never overly impressed with wahs, until I had some money lying around and thought I get something.
Meh, may as well save for a Vintage Modern combo, unless someone can come up with alternatives - my knowledge is awful on amps. :lol: :erk:

2-3 months. Sometimes longer. I usually don't change them untill they break. I hate changing strings.

I get my new guitar in one week.

Which one? (you probably said before, can't remember)

The Gojira frontman's custom Jackson is annoyingly awesome:
l_8091f85baff702e1dd6a2076c64a1db4.jpg

I want one.

^ I usually change my strings when my treble strings begin to show signs of wear - the strings will be marked (like a different color) where the fret is located. This usually happens every 4-6 weeks, but I usually wait a few months to change them because I'm simply too lazy :p

That or if my strings break due to my whammy usage :erk:
same for my strings. Actually, the strings I have on right now are D'Addarios and they're nickel, and I don't really like 'em too much. But I loooved the D'Addarios that my xiphos first came with, so I'm thinking I need to buy the steel ones next time.

p.s. One more month 'till we see Bodom :kickass:
The Gojira frontman's custom Jackson is annoyingly awesome:
l_8091f85baff702e1dd6a2076c64a1db4.jpg

I want one.

I like that it's string-thru.

I think it looks a little bit boring because of the shape.

The simple attitude is amazing though: No floating bridge, no tone knob, only one inlay, simple finish... and the zebra PUs look cool.

I've been tempted to get the tone knob taken off my Washburn and getting the hole filled in :p That would look pretty awesome imo, no inlays, no trem, standard strat shape. The only "fancy" thing about the guitar would be the white body and neck binding and the curved flame maple top.

i only use the tone knob if i'm playing some jazzy style cleans on a crappy amp, rolling off the tone makes it smoother-ish

Aren't the 87 models the hotrod fender ones? And 88 onwards the hotrod Marshall ones? Or have I got my info wrong. I'm not sure if the fender ones sound as good.