Guitar Player's Thread

well ive got my ESP sawtooth,been playing it daily for the past few months and have only changed the strigns once,the day i got the guitar the fretboard was awesome and glossy and very shiny but now it has the marks of where your finger has been in between the strings,ive tried some dunlop 65 cleaner and left it for some time but it doesnt remove the marks nor get the shine back ive searchedforums on how to restore and maintain an ebony fretboard,...dont get me wrong i always keep my guitar inside its case with dehumidifyers and use DR string...something after i play the guitar to protect the strings so the rust doesnt affect the wood,like ive said ive searched alot of forums and they all talk about lemon oil from this and there and OOOO or OOO steel wool polishing this that im just wondering how it would affect my guitar,it has cost me a bomb and i would never just do those sorta things after hearing that some solvents can make your frets become loosen and your bindings come off,cost doesnt matter of the types of cleaning products so jsut shoot it out

All Im Asking Is What Would Be The Best Care Methods to carry out for an ebony fretboard with raletively large inlays,so id just need the types of stuff used and ways of doing the applicationThanks Alot

All Im Asking Is What Would Be The Best Care Methods to carry out for an ebony fretboard with raletively large inlays,so id just need the types of stuff used and ways of doing the applicationThanks Alot

Clean the fretboard with some naphta.

Then get yourself a bottle of this:
http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm
Best stuff out there.

Get some #0000 steel wool and rub the frets with it, they will look shiny again, just like new. Mask the fretboard with masking tape before so that only the frets are visible.

That's all.

My Gp1000 came in today.

So far my thoughts-

Extremely Crunchy
Enough gain to do 80's metal
Needs a boost
Not sure how it likes my pickup/guitar (LTD MH400 w/ evo's)
Sounds kinda thin through my POS SS Kustom > gflex 212
Did you win the 87 model one off ebay? If so, you beat me by like $1 lol.

Well whoever it was I was kinda glad I got outbidded because the price was pretty damn high.

Hey young dudes I have more vids for you to watch...I know this is Classic Rock but the last time I post you guys seem very knowledgeable about any potentially good guitar wanking...and by the way your welcome was awesome!!
Here you go !!
RR24 content

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUPL8KVveY&feature=user[/ame]

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jjZtDVjPCpY[/ame]

Thanx for your time young Metal Dudes!!

Sounds good!

Brilliant tone once again.

And I listen to all kinds of music. Metal is just one of them.

Thanx Mattias...very nice of you ...and that is why I love you guys, you listen to a lot of stuff ,and seem to respect what brought guitar based music to were it is right now...You can listen to a 51 years old like me and be knowledgable at what he does!!!
Thanx
Sixxpm

@Sixxpm: Wow you are 51. I didnt expect that after having watched the video. When I'm 51 I would love to do such kickass music as yours! The solo in Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo was so cool.
I used to listen to a lot of Deep Purple, Queen and other cool classic rock bands when i was younger. I think I should revert into my old ways.

@Sixxpm: Wow you are 51. I didnt expect that after having watched the video. When I'm 51 I would love to do such kickass music as yours! The solo in Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo was so cool.
I used to listen to a lot of Deep Purple, Queen and other cool classic rock bands when i was younger. I think I should revert into my old ways.

Thanx man it is so much appreciate man ...Pulling your guts live at my age is kind of tough...but hearing comments by future guitar heroes makes it all worth !!!

Have a few more

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LMPwUkE6LBM[/ame]

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qyytHzCyI2Y[/ame]

Thanx Mattias...very nice of you ...and that is why I love you guys, you listen to a lot of stuff ,and seem to respect what brought guitar based music to were it is right now...You can listen to a 51 years old like me and be knowledgable at what he does!!!
Thanx
Sixxpm

No problem. :)

My name is not Mattias though, he's just one of my favorite artists.

My name is Emil.

It sucks. (Not your videos :lol: ) My internet connection fails and it's SLOOoow (like Alexi says in "Passage to the Reaper" :lol: ) so it takes me hours to watch one complete video. And I don't have Flashplayer nor Java at my dad's because I run an Ubuntu live CD because I have no rights with Windows Vista and I can't do anything because of that parental control. Even youtube.

Only thing to do now: practicing!

well ive got my ESP sawtooth,been playing it daily for the past few months and have only changed the strigns once,the day i got the guitar the fretboard was awesome and glossy and very shiny but now it has the marks of where your finger has been in between the strings,ive tried some dunlop 65 cleaner and left it for some time but it doesnt remove the marks nor get the shine back ive searchedforums on how to restore and maintain an ebony fretboard,...dont get me wrong i always keep my guitar inside its case with dehumidifyers and use DR string...something after i play the guitar to protect the strings so the rust doesnt affect the wood,like ive said ive searched alot of forums and they all talk about lemon oil from this and there and OOOO or OOO steel wool polishing this that im just wondering how it would affect my guitar,it has cost me a bomb and i would never just do those sorta things after hearing that some solvents can make your frets become loosen and your bindings come off,cost doesnt matter of the types of cleaning products so jsut shoot it out

How I clean my fretboard