Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks guys for the coments it really is appreciated!! I was hoping nobody would pick up on my inotation, it is indeed waaay out :lol: Tbh I can't be arsed to inotate, changing strings w/ a floyd is childs play; inotation is a whole other thing.

Great playing Phoenix.
I need some help on getting some good passive pickups with great highs and some mids for a really crystal clear tone with great clarity for leads, not too bothered about low end "chugging" shite - for the bridge position.

I was considering a X2n or Evo, are these good choices as the guitar I'd put it into is an alder body w/ maple neck and ebony fretboard.
Kthxbi

Great playing Phoenix.
I need some help on getting some good passive pickups with great highs and some mids for a really crystal clear tone with great clarity for leads, not too bothered about low end "chugging" shite - for the bridge position.

I was considering a X2n or Evo, are these good choices as the guitar I'd put it into is an alder body w/ maple neck and ebony fretboard.
Kthxbi

Evo's are made for alder body guitars, so that'll work just fine for you!

hey i was wondering is it normal for my guitar whihc uses a floyd rose trem,but the EMG-HZs pole pieces are not centered below the strings for some odd reason,or is it jsut made taht way cauase only the D and G strings are centered right above the pole pieces the rest of the other strings are too far from the pole pieces ????

I have that too and idont really notice anything in the sound, though people tend to claim they do. I guess i'm not trained enough. At any rate, there are pickups with floyd spacings i believe.. I changed to a rail pickup which really eliminated any, displacements haha, but i think it'll be fine

Considering that pickups simply create a magnetic field in which the string vibrates in, I highly doubt that it being not centred 100% perfectly makes an audible difference.

I never got people's obsession with "wankery" anyway, I mean what is a guitar solo other than a show of technical prowess from the guitarist of the band?

is that seriously all you look for in a solo? hey, heads up, this is music, not sports. i mean what, if it's not OMGSHREDZOR it's not a valid solo? do you have any concept of theoretical prowess as well, or god forbid simple musicality?

┼Victim of the Night┼;7560349 said:
Very nice job, Brad! :) And yes, shweeet shirt too, Wintersun rawks! :kickass:

hey i though you was going to leave this forum, ???well anyways its good that your here surely make mitch feel alot more happier:rolleyes::kickass:

Considering that pickups simply create a magnetic field in which the string vibrates in, I highly doubt that it being not centred 100% perfectly makes an audible difference.

yea well wouldnt the pole pieces send those signals of the change in magnetic field more better if it were centered ???

hey i though you was going to leave this forum, ???well anyways its good that your here surely make mitch feel alot more happier:rolleyes::kickass:

Hey, you said and asked the same thing around July too... and I had even replied to you back then! :eek: Why are you writing this again?! Look, I found your post...

:headbang:

i though you said you werent comin back..in that case since your here now

YEA !!! WASSUPPP!! XDDDDDD:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7409583 said:
Oh, I had no idea my comeback would make someone so "happy"... whatever, at least you made me laugh, haha! :)
And to answer you, I'm on holiday but still have to study for my uni exams... stressing but it's all good, I'm doing great lately. What about you, dude?

:D ... :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;7563302 said:
Hey, you said and asked the same thing around July too... and I had even replied to you back then! :eek: Why are you writing this again?! Look, I found your post...

:D ... :)

haha cause i was off for some time from this forum haha you take notice sweet XDD jokin

^ I don't know what you mean by "you take notice sweet"... I hope you don't mean that I have been bad? I didn't get upset or something because you asked me that twice, so don't worry. :)

is that seriously all you look for in a solo? hey, heads up, this is music, not sports. i mean what, if it's not OMGSHREDZOR it's not a valid solo? do you have any concept of theoretical prowess as well, or god forbid simple musicality?

And this is the reason that guitar solos only make up about a minute of a song. Please explain, what is the purpose of the standard every day guitar solo in an average metal song?

I'm laughing my fucking ass off!

I contacted a guy with a modified Charvel Model 4 if he would sell his electronica. He later replied that he would sell his booster (JE1200) voor 10 euro's. And now im waiting for the price of his J-50BC humbucker.

I'm laughing my fucking ass off!

I contacted a guy with a modified Charvel Model 4 if he would sell his electronica. He later replied that he would sell his booster (JE1200) voor 10 euro's. And now im waiting for the price of his J-50BC humbucker.

Dutch! :D

Indeed, you're such a lucky bastard dude! :lol:

So who doesn't have his J-50 BC, JE-1X00, GP-1000 yet? :lol:

Dutch! :D

Indeed, you're such a lucky bastard dude! :lol:

So who doesn't have his J-50 BC, JE-1X00, GP-1000 yet? :lol:
Well, i only have 1 J-50BC ...
I'm building 2 JE1000 at the moment, and im going to copy the JE1200 as wel.
And as soon as Lee jackson brings out his schematic book i'm going to build the GP1000 also ;)

Woops, didnt noticed that mistake. Its good to have another fellow dutch-speaking guy here :)