Guitar Player's Thread

I finished a rough mix of my song I started writing/recording yesterday

http://www.soundclick.com/Lowberg

Its the only one on my soundclick, called Personal Apocalypse

I still have to write vocals for it, and hopefully get a hold of a real bass because i had to use a programmed synth bass and it sounds funky.

Super shredding towards the end. Its gonna be br00tal with vocals

Hope you like!

Hey Lowberg ma man ...nice playing man , good chords in there ...actually it is getting better as it develops ...Hmmmm...pretty good dude !!!Post some more:)
Take care man !!
Sixxpm

I still have to write vocals for it, and hopefully get a hold of a real bass because i had to use a programmed synth bass and it sounds funky.

Hope you like!

This is awesome, exactly the kind of music I would listen to a lot. Get some band members for that shit!

SP-1000's kick ass!

I have a question about mine though,what the fuck is wrong with the fuse?

DSC01905.jpg

god fucking damnit, i went to a party and was hitting on some big tit woman and she had a boyfriend, fuck that fat bitch, not that i have anything against the fat girls, but im drunk.

cheers dudes

so could i just use the power amp connected to my guitar,or do i still need a preamp ??
I'm pretty sure you need a preamp but you could use a distortion pedal as a preamp or a tuner(only if you want cleans though.)
Right now I play from my jackson to my boss metal zone to the SP-1000 until my GP-1000 gets here.

@DrunkLowberg:hahaha Drunk Lowberg is always getting into trouble!:lol:

alright cool then,then ill try to get a GP1000 or some good preamp,but would you say a tube amp would be better or the SP1000 ???

Stonecoldsoul07, did you get your GP1000 already??

When you do, please try this:

Use only one output on the GP1000 and only one side of the SP1000, then set GP1000 distortion on max and pulled out, volume full and output on about half.
On the SP1000 open the volume very slowly to get the bedroom practice volume and tell me how much distortion you get (if you have Jackson JE1000, turn it off).

GP1000 doesn't have much distortion at low volumes, you have to crank it to get it to sound good, but then it's too loud for the house! I'm thinking if you then turn down the poweramp volume it should sound good on low levels too. But I can't try that now cause I can't adjust poweramp volume on my 5150.

isnt that distortion thing true for alot of amps,cause i kow my bossXX dont remember to get some good tones id have to crank the volume up to get a warmer sound cause at low volumes its shit,then the noise=alot of pissed people maybe if you had a cab would that work better ??

Hmmm, I have an old Line 6 Flextone 2, and a super old Peavy 4x12 and it is super nice even quiet. I mean some volume may be needed, but it shouldn't be a ton.

so could i just use the power amp connected to my guitar,or do i still need a preamp ??
Well, actually you can plug your guitar straight in your poweramp and have some sounds. But however, you dont want that. So you will need a preamp.

Tube poweramps are heavier and louder but not neccissarilly better.Tube poweramps are also more expensive iirc.
Tube amplifiers sound louder, but arent louder.

Use only one output on the GP1000 and only one side of the SP1000, then set GP1000 distortion on max and pulled out, volume full and output on about half.
On the SP1000 open the volume very slowly to get the bedroom practice volume and tell me how much distortion you get (if you have Jackson JE1000, turn it off).

GP1000 doesn't have much distortion at low volumes, you have to crank it to get it to sound good, but then it's too loud for the house! I'm thinking if you then turn down the poweramp volume it should sound good on low levels too. But I can't try that now cause I can't adjust poweramp volume on my 5150.
You will have more distortion when using the SP1000 because its solid state. Solid state's clip/distort much faster then tube's.
Tube's need more signal/voltage to break up and distort.

hey what do you guys think of this band? www.myspace.com/erathma

My friend Eric is leaving and he's one of the guitarists. He wants me to replace him, said he'll train me for it and shit...but I can't make up my mind about whether I like it or not...some parts I really do..like the intro rhythm in Off the Cliff, the way the guitars switch off is pretty cool. I think it's the Mesuggah influence that's pulling me in...but the other metal-core kinda shit I'm not too happy with. Just out of curiosity, what would you label this band as? not that it matters, but it'll help me organize my thoughts on it.

My advice is DO IT! Just get in there and play live and get to play with other people. I've done it even with pop music (I played a couple of pop hits in my final year at highschool and was damn funny :lol:), just to get to play with different people and, over all, have fun.

Thank you very much!!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=661PKOMVjdk

Roope rocks! [1:57] :headbang:

Thanks!

Hope you like!

Hell yeah! It already rocks, so can't wait to hear with vocals :kickass:

This is awesome, exactly the kind of music I would listen to a lot. Get some band members for that shit!

Seconded!

Children Of Bodom - Vaya Con Tioz - Everytime I Die 23.26 MB .RAR file

Ripped-off YouTube in "HQ" .mp4 video file

Even more thanks!!! :kickass:

god fucking damnit, i went to a party and was hitting on some big tit woman and she had a boyfriend, fuck that fat bitch, not that i have anything against the fat girls, but im drunk.

cheers dudes

:lol::lol::lol: What would GP thread without drunken Lowberg??

to be honest what Lowberg posts is a lot more interesting than two people discussing what type of pickups are the best.