Guitar Player's Thread

hey anyone know where to get a GP-1000 at this moment or who i can buy it from cause I had Placed a really huge bid on ebay for mine then at the last moment this dude just got it from me ARGH alot of RAGEEE,but im willing to fork out quite abit for it,so please jsut tell me where or who or ......,thanks alot

about 630

hey anyone know where to get a GP-1000 at this moment or who i can buy it from cause I had Placed a really huge bid on ebay for mine then at the last moment this dude just got it from me ARGH alot of RAGEEE,but im willing to fork out quite abit for it,so please jsut tell me where or who or ......,thanks alot

I'll help!

And now I'm even more excited for the new album cuz he said he's gonna make it more melodic! haha, how awesome is that! and with a 7 string too. damn, I just can't wait :D
Agreed! Necrophagist are with Decrepit Birth the only Tech Death Bands I know, who keep their songs completely listenable and I'm glad that Muhammed won't focus on technique for the sake of technique. I bought the current album of Odious Mortem one week ago and they move in the same direction, but imo they haven't mastered it yet.

And btw, I noticed that the stack of recently bought CDs next to my notebook looks like I ONLY buy CDs with great guitarists, what I didn't even recognized :lol: :
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind
Skid Row - Skid Row (guitar monsters: Dave Sabo and Scotti Hill)
Nile - Ithyphallic (guitar monsters: Karl Sanders and Dallas Toller Wade)
Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion (guitar monster: Dan Eggers, guest solo by Ron Jarzombek)
Pride&Glory (Guitar monster: Zakk Wylde)
David Lee Roth - Eat 'em and Smile (guitar monster: Steve Vai)
Paul Gilbert - Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar
Steve Vai - Alien Love Secrets

and some older Steve Vai albums and a Drum 'n Bass CD.

Conclusion: I'm a nerd :erk:

I'm watching the MAB DVD "Learn Shred Guitar" right now, and it seems to rule. He explains very nice and plays the examples very slow. Plus, he doesn't only show the same, from Intense Rock I stolen , alternate picking licks. He shows some cool stuff like soloing with the whole tone scale.

And a major plus is his appereance: his hair, his not humble attitude, his funny voice, his always-straight-into-the-camera-watching, his gestures... reminds me of Mike Myers a bit.

Edit: and if someone can tell me how to convert a part of a DVD video into a youtube friendly format (whatever this might be), I could upload a little Michael J Romeo Interview.

Edit: and if someone can tell me how to convert a part of a DVD video into a youtube friendly format (whatever this might be), I could upload a little Michael J Romeo Interview.

I actually have no idea, video editing is my weak side. I'm sure Mitch could help you. But i'm eager to see this interview! It's not the one with "Sir Jay", is it? :lol:

No, it's nothing very special, it's from a german metal mag of this month. The whole thing is in english with german subs.

Michael looks a bit pissed off, maybe because of the interviewer, and most of the information is already known. But he demonstrates a short solo passage from Eve of Seduction (if I remember correct), and perhaps some Powerball players (like me) can figure out the position of the knobs of his PB head.

rip the dvd with dvd shrink.
skim through the biggest .vob files to find the interview. open this vob file with VirtualDub-MPEG2 (its important that you download the mpeg-modded version of virtual dub. choose a codec and save as avi.

Hey folks, I know some of you (the cool guys + twisha :p ) like Necrophagist a lot, so I post this new 12 min interview with Muhammed. It's nice because Necrophagist fans aren't really bombarded with information and because Muhammed really seems to like to talk. :)

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/1380/necrophagist-interview-fall-2008

It's not this old Metalinjection interview where he wears his baseball cap.

Very cool! Cheers man. And no, you're not a nerd :lol: I do the same thing with CD's. Great choice with Skid Row self-titled; it's one of my favourite albums!

It's great, but Slave to the Grind has some killer songs aswell.

rip the dvd with dvd shrink.
skim through the biggest .vob files to find the interview. open this vob file with VirtualDub-MPEG2 (its important that you download the mpeg-modded version of virtual dub. choose a codec and save as avi.

Thanks, I'll try it later. First I have to fight Augustinus and his De Civitate Dei. :erk:

Hey folks, I know some of you (the cool guys + twisha :p ) like Necrophagist a lot, so I post this new 12 min interview with Muhammed. It's nice because Necrophagist fans aren't really bombarded with information and because Muhammed really seems to like to talk. :)

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/1380/necrophagist-interview-fall-2008

It's not this old Metalinjection interview where he wears his baseball cap.

:kickass: Muhamed is a lil bit weird, but he rocks. Argh I want the new album!

Ofcourse, which is why i wouldn't end up getting an SV in the first place :p

Almost did once, glad i didn't end up buying it, really

:lol: I would like an SV myself, although another RR is a really tempting choice :lol:

And now I'm even more excited for the new album cuz he said he's gonna make it more melodic! haha, how awesome is that! and with a 7 string too. damn, I just can't wait :D

Gawd I hadn't thought about the 7 strings factor! More melodic+the br00tality that 7 strings can provide? Man that's bound to be amazing!

Dude you don't bum stuff on the same page, wait at least one or two pages to bump something, and don't fill all the guitar related threads with that. If you already posted it in the Gear Thread, leave it there. Besides, GP-1000 related questions will have more enthusiastic answers in there and you actually did get response.

Agreed! Necrophagist are with Decrepit Birth the only Tech Death Bands I know, who keep their songs completely listenable and I'm glad that Muhammed won't focus on technique for the sake of technique. I bought the current album of Odious Mortem one week ago and they move in the same direction, but imo they haven't mastered it yet.

And btw, I noticed that the stack of recently bought CDs next to my notebook looks like I ONLY buy CDs with great guitarists, what I didn't even recognized :lol: :
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind
Skid Row - Skid Row (guitar monsters: Dave Sabo and Scotti Hill)
Nile - Ithyphallic (guitar monsters: Karl Sanders and Dallas Toller Wade)
Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion (guitar monster: Dan Eggers, guest solo by Ron Jarzombek)
Pride&Glory (Guitar monster: Zakk Wylde)
David Lee Roth - Eat 'em and Smile (guitar monster: Steve Vai)
Paul Gilbert - Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar
Steve Vai - Alien Love Secrets

and some older Steve Vai albums and a Drum 'n Bass CD.

Conclusion: I'm a nerd :erk:

:lol: Why a nerd? You like cool stuff and ace guitar players, I don't see how you're a nerd. Besides, that's a pretty mixed list (tech death, rock, instrumental stuff, etc...). BTW, Ithyphallic rocks, I can't get enough of that CD.

haha i didnt know you guys like skid row, haha thats awesome. I like slave to the grind better than their first, but they are both awesome!
Ive got a sweet skid row poster hanging above my bed haha.

My new marshall DSL sounds awesome! I the distortion sounds really sweet and tubey, With a tubescreamer in front i can get great punchy 5150/mesa tones for heavier stuff

Paul Gilbert tomorrow!

I'll take my sister's camera with me. It's a pink camera but I don't give a fuck! :lol: At least it takes good pictures! And maybe Paul will find that fun! :lol: But I don't know if it has good sound quality.

Actually, it's a pink Sony T2 and it has 4GB internal memory :kickass:

cybershot-dsct2.jpg

:lol: