Guitar Player's Thread

I don't usually ask for favors, because I feel really bad when I do, but could anyone help me with this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WGKtqP3M-0&NR=1[/ame] It's to help a friend out, and I totally suck with chords.

It would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

I don't usually ask for favors, because I feel really bad when I do, but could anyone help me with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WGKtqP3M-0&NR=1 It's to help a friend out, and I totally suck with chords.

It would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

Here Squeee: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jy9yo0 Note that the rhythm of the strumming is to be interpreted when listening to the song. All I did was lay out the chords. And it seems to be tuned like a quarter step down from E standard. Kind of annoying, but what the hell :p

Question - I wanted to ask you guys what you think about having a neck PU-cavity installed into my Alexi guitar. Does removing the wood change the sound of the guitar? Will it totally ruin any re-sell value that is has left? It's an LTD Alexi 600 SE Pink by the way.

Paul Gilbert tomorrow!

I'll take my sister's camera with me. It's a pink camera but I don't give a fuck! :lol: At least it takes good pictures! And maybe Paul will find that fun! :lol: But I don't know if it has good sound quality.

Actually, it's a pink Sony T2 and it has 4GB internal memory :kickass:

cybershot-dsct2.jpg

:lol:

PG plays a pink guitar, wtf are you worried about :lol:

Here Squeee: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jy9yo0 Note that the rhythm of the strumming is to be interpreted when listening to the song. All I did was lay out the chords. And it seems to be tuned like a quarter step down from E standard. Kind of annoying, but what the hell :p

Question - I wanted to ask you guys what you think about having a neck PU-cavity installed into my Alexi guitar. Does removing the wood change the sound of the guitar? Will it totally ruin any re-sell value that is has left? It's an LTD Alexi 600 SE Pink by the way.

bands that tune to quarter tones just piss me off :lol:

it's so unnecessary.

rip the dvd with dvd shrink.
skim through the biggest .vob files to find the interview. open this vob file with VirtualDub-MPEG2 (its important that you download the mpeg-modded version of virtual dub. choose a codec and save as avi.

Everything worked fine but the audio part, it says that it doesn't find a decompressor. Now where could I choose a codec?

Edit: needed the AC3 codec, so it works now. The only thing I think about is if I should wait with the upload until the next issue of the mag comes out, just out of respect. What do you people think?

The only thing I think about is if I should wait with the upload until the next issue of the mag comes out, just out of respect. What do you people think?
I wouldnt have a problem with that.

Okay something to you tech geeks (probably arvoitus but feel free to answer even if you arent arvoitus.)
I have a Distortion pedal. I like the sound but there's no possibility to lower the distortion. Is it possible to built something in this pedal like a resistor to have a gain control poti? (Sorry I know nothing about those kind of electronics).I tried something like a volume pedal in front of the distortion but it didn't work that good.

BIG, BIG, BIG, BIIIIG thanks man :D!

:D!

That was an awesome show! Probably the best I've ever been to! I've taken loads of pictures and videos. I'll share them with you! I've bought his new DVD including the "shred annex" for 15€. I'm really excited to get back from school tomorrow!

^ sweet! Let us know what you think of the dvd, if it's good (which it probably will be) maybe I'll order it also

What really sucks tho, is that I have Alexi's instructional dvd and I've only ever watched it ONCE! :erk: I wish he had made an instructional dvd before AYDY came out.

So I've been attempting to learn Trivium's 'Down From the Sky' (I'll admit it, it's a good song). It's surprisingly not that difficult, although I am pretty certain they are using 7-string guitars on that song (eg: the really heavy bit starting at 3:10)... Meh, I'll work it out :p

^ sweet! Let us know what you think of the dvd, if it's good (which it probably will be) maybe I'll order it also

What really sucks tho, is that I have Alexi's instructional dvd and I've only ever watched it ONCE! :erk: I wish he had made an instructional dvd before AYDY came out.

Yeah, it was more like a video tab DVD on how to play his songs. There's like 10 mins of his warm up and scales.
BTW does anyone has the Mark Moore BT. I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

So I've been attempting to learn Trivium's 'Down From the Sky' (I'll admit it, it's a good song). It's surprisingly not that difficult, although I am pretty certain they are using 7-string guitars on that song (eg: the really heavy bit starting at 3:10)... Meh, I'll work it out :p

The whole album is good.

Most of you have heard my guitar tone and I think 95% of the one who heard it and commented it said it suck pretty much :lol:

So I'll try to record with my amp. I'll test that tomorrow but is there any good starting advice I should know that would save me some time experimenting it?

So here's my first recording attempt basically. I think I need to mess with EQ settings some more. Anyway, played some Sinergy :cool: Click here to listen

you just signed off when I was about to comment! :p
well that's not bad at all for a first recording! Harmonies sound good and your overall tone is fairly nice. keep at the pro-tools! you can make amazing recordings with that program.