Guitar Player's Thread

Epic cover Daniel! :kickass: I love Norther, probably their best cover - how long it take you to get that down? (learn the song)

Thanks man:kickass:

Yes I agree, I also dig Youth Gone Wild alot!

Well.. Some minutes? It's only basic tapping and some basic melodies with one sweep.

Ensi why were you jacking off with your whammy bar? :lol:

Why not?:lol:

Necrö;7723053 said:
oh look, I destroyed BOTH e-strings on my guitar!

How the fuck did you manage to do that? :err:

Thanks alot for those videos! :D

I always wondered how he did at the end of Eve of Seduction.

Thanks a lot... That guy is seriously my favourite guitarist at the moment. He needs to do another solo album sometime.

^No...? When i let go of my guitar and it's hanging it's not dropping or moving anywhere? It's perfectly balanced.

@Corny: Thanks alot for those interviews. MJR is great!

I also just noticed how his white guitar is really hot. That's probably why i like the Jackson DK2M because it has alot of the same look.

I will come out and say this, I think the fucking wiring on my Jackson RR24 must be done by some damn peanutboys who don't know jack. It has caused me trouble twice now. Last night i was playing and i heard it "cutting" the volume sometimes and i knew instantly its those cables that go to the damned battery clip. So i am probably going to throw all electronics to hell from it and replace the pickup with a Seymour duncan TB-4 or something.

What the hell is the difference between TB-4 and SH-4 simply said? What the fuck is F-Spacing?

Oh and this means i will need a new volumepot too. Going to get one of those Göldö ones so it will not crap out.

I will come out and say this, I think the fucking wiring on my Jackson RR24 must be done by some damn peanutboys who don't know jack.

1224370048764cc5.jpg

^They look good but if it isn't fixed bridge it's a nay.

If i ever get a 7 string it will be the Schecter c-7 hellraiser black, what a hottie!
...or even a Loomis w/o FR. Those are damn cheap and good looking too.

383151_800.jpg

....drewl.

Considering these aren't real, you should re-think about your guitar building plans. So do I, haha. I hope I can purchase the first parts in November or December.

What kind of guitar are you going to build? Warmoth Parts?
What pickups and bridge,etcetc?

No, not one of Warmoth's kits.

I want to build an Explorer (Gibson styled body) with 24 frets, no floyd, no Potis, only Killswitch for on/off, only bridge PU (I'm crazy for bareknuckle at the moment, but a shop in Cologne currently sells Duncans for 50 Euro), Sperzel locking tuners, matt black finish, no inlays or only at the 12th fret, bolt-on construction. I want to do everything but the fretboard (I'll send it to someone with a CNC machine) by myself.

I haven't decided on the rest so far, I'm still reading a lot of stuff.

I will probably post my progress in a building forum because it may be interesting for other beginners that someone like me dares to do such a difficult thing like guitar building: I have two left hands, I never worked with wood, I know shit about electrics, I never put a pickup in a guitar etc...

So this will be rather exciting :lol:

And I don't know yet what wood I should buy: First I wanted to avoid using woods from the CITES list, so alder would have been my choice. But because mahogany seems to be so easy to work with, I probably end up using FSC certificated mahogany for the body and rosewood for the fretboard.

=> A straight-in-your-face-guitar because I always wanted to have a simple guitar and because there are less possibilities to mess everything up.