Guitar Player's Thread

From my experience, D'Addarios are shite, break all the time.

I've been using various gauges of Ernie Ball strings for a while now and I've never had any problems with them.

Well, they broke less than the Boomers... But Ernie Ball sounds good, I'll try that out

Yeah because strings are "expensive" equipment and totally don't break easily at all.

Prick.

The point is that he is that lazy to spend 5 minutes to put strings on his guitar that he considers not playing for a week or two. That makes him a moron in another way, but it's not my business. Anyway, thanks @arvoitus for pointing it out, I laughed.

Mistakes happen all the time, even to pros. There's really no point in insulting the_phenom. It's not like he doesn't know how to handle a tube amp, he just wasn't careful enough.

EDIT: And I agree with Josh - Ernie Balls sound way better than D'Addario (to my ears). D'Addarios never snapped on my guitars though, Ernie Balls did.

And I agree with Josh - Ernie Balls sound way better than D'Addario (to my ears). D'Addarios never snapped on my guitars though, Ernie Balls did.

I don't like how D'Addarios sound, that's why I want a change in the first place. But durability is really important, I hate having to fuck around with tuning n shit. So I have some kind of dilemma here

Do any of you play with 9-42 strings tuned to D standard? I generally use 10-46 and am wondering if 9-42 aren't too thin to downtune with because I enjoy the feel of thin strings. Or would they just flop all over the place and feel/sound like shit?

well I play in D standard with 11-49 ... and it kinda feels flappy to me ( haha )

Do any of you play with 9-42 strings tuned to D standard? I generally use 10-46 and am wondering if 9-42 aren't too thin to downtune with because I enjoy the feel of thin strings. Or would they just flop all over the place and feel like shit anyway?

Ehhh. I'm using 9-42 strings at the moment because I like the ease of vibrato and bending with them, they're naturally slightly loose feeling and that's what I like. However I'm just in standard E, tuning lower could make them too loose.

I use 11 gauge for D standard and lower. And then 10 gauge for E standard. I used d'addarios for a while, but I switched to elixirs, 340928342853x better imo

I'm willing to pay more if they last longer. I guess over time it's about the same expense as when I use cheaper ones

Necrö;7725736 said:
I'm willing to pay more if they last longer. I guess over time it's about the same expense as when I use cheaper ones

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But hit a man with a brick, and you can have all his fish. And his wife.

didnt even read it untill now, awesome :lol:

Okay, i have a plan now.

1.Get the amp checked at some electrician if some resistors or the transformer has blown.
2.If so, have them repair and the replace the tubes.(If it becomes expensive i will forget about the repairing though).
3.If it's unfixable i will buy something like a ENGL Thunder used or something...they go for a good 500€ around here.