Guitar Player's Thread

Necrö;7725810 said:
what thing did you blow up? What model I mean

Randall RH50T. A cheapo(for a tube head) 500€ 50 watt tube head. It could not have happened at a worse time. Band starts playing after christmas and my Peavey SS amp just does not cut it at a band situation. Fucking hell im screwed!

Do any of you play with 9-42 strings tuned to D standard? I generally use 10-46 and am wondering if 9-42 aren't too thin to downtune with because I enjoy the feel of thin strings. Or would they just flop all over the place and feel/sound like shit?

I have 10-52 DR on my Les Paul copy by Morgan... I have it in D atm, and it's VERY loose.. at least for my taste... So easy doing vibratos and pinch harmonics!

But I prefer 11-50/54 for D/Drop C, gives it more power.

9-42 strings in D = :erk:

What the hell is the difference between TB-4 and SH-4 simply said? What the fuck is F-Spacing?

The TB-4 is the SH-4 but that's the TremBucker version. The TB-4 has -like you said- that F-Spacing for Floyds. You can buy an SH-4, it'll be OK. That's just that the plots won't be right opposite the strings. I have a TB-4 in my Jackson RR3. By the way, the SH-4 (or TB-4) is also known as "JB".

Drop D: 10-50 (I have it)

Drop C: 10-56 .... or 11-54 (ernie ball).. its great too

Yeah, the Ernie Ball biffy slinky (11-54) should be great for drop D tuning. I used to play those for D tuning during a few months. I never play drop tunings but now I use Ernie Ball 10-52 for D tuning. The strings are a bit less bassy (it depends of what kind of music you want to play. I you play chug chug music -as Ensi says- then go for 11-54), easier to bend and I love doing vibratos on pinched harmonics.

Necrö;7725327 said:
Can anyone recommend me good strings for my lic. floyd? Those boomers break all the fucking time, the D'Addarios were better. But I'd like to try something new.

I play with Dunlop's (10-52 tuned to D) and they work perfect. Besides they're quite cheap, at least here (6'50€ a set).

I have 10-52 DR on my Les Paul copy by Morgan... I have it in D atm, and it's VERY loose.. at least for my taste... So easy doing vibratos and pinch harmonics!

But I prefer 11-50/54 for D/Drop C, gives it more power.

9-42 strings in D = :erk:

:lol: You call that very loose? That's like the standard gauge for D tuning. You'd better not try Nick's guitar, he plays 8-38 tuned to D :lol:

You'd better not try Nick's guitar, he plays 8-38 tuned to D :lol:
that would be like fucking spaghetti

I'm planning to tune my guitar down to A#standard, what strings should I get?:Smug:

I tried a 66 on the lowest once for the heck of it, and it felt like shit. 60 is the thickest gauge I could ever think of putting on a guitar. So, 13-60 or something like that for A# tuning.