Ohhh, sexy!

Thanks man! Romeo is ace, no doubt.

Everyone should listen to this band, and read their lyrics

THey are hillarious

http://www.myspace.com/crotchduster666

Haha, what did I just experience? :lol:

I found this video neat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that really 7 strings or just A# downtuning like Nile?
It's a 7string, the one I posted

nergal uses that guitar

No he doesn't, he uses a Dean thats very similiar to that.

Pђoenix;7728191 said:
Sorry to bust your balls but, Zack is correct. Only, Nergal has EMGz in his.

Indeed, and for the C#songs he uses his customshop esp.
I still can't believe they ask 2000€ for that..

My friend is getting a RR24m soon and he was wondering what a good amp to go with it is.
Combo or head+cab.

I got a regular rr24 and I got a peavey triple xxx with it and some borrowed marshall cab, sounds awesome imo.

Pђoenix;7728191 said:
Sorry to bust your balls but, Zack is correct. Only, Nergal has EMGz in his.

But he only started using that guitar after he got signed up as a Dean artist, previously he had mostly used Gibson Explorers, that makes no sense :s

I have 10-52 DR on my Les Paul copy by Morgan... I have it in D atm, and it's VERY loose.. at least for my taste... So easy doing vibratos and pinch harmonics!

But I prefer 11-50/54 for D/Drop C, gives it more power.

9-42 strings in D = :erk:

Well I'm guessing if its a Les Paul copy that it has the short scale 24.75- which has less tension than the larger one on your stars- I prefer 10's in E on a short scale guitar and 9's in E on a larger scale (25.5) guitar. Either that or your fingers have biceps :lol:

But he only started using that guitar after he got signed up as a Dean artist, previously he had mostly used Gibson Explorers, that makes no sense :s

He doesn't have a signature series or contract with any company. I believe he uses ESP, Dean, Jackson and Gibson. He should be listed on a few of those websites as an artist - who uses their products - but nothing more.

I just listened to Dark Tranquillity's Character album for the first time in a while and wow i forgot how awesome it is. I recommend it to any Gothenburg fans.

I'm going into the studio this Thursday to do some session work for someone, Its gonna be really late, we probably wont get started until after 1am haha.
I'm excited though to finally let my new marshall rip at extreme volumes.

My friend is getting a RR24m soon and he was wondering what a good amp to go with it is.
Combo or head+cab.

What's the price range ? I would be recommending an ENGL, but that rather depends on what kind of a sound he wants. I myself have the ENGL Blackmore and a cheap Behringer 4x12 cab, but it still sounds good to my ears. Next year I will be buying myself the ENGL standard 4x12 w/ v60's.

Question: When I let my nails grow out they provide pretty nice little picks for fingerpicking purposes on an acoustic guitar, but that also impedes my ability to properly hold my plectrum and tap comfortably (without the nail hitting the fretboard) on an electric guitar. I've tried attachable fingerpicks on my fingers, but they simply do not have the same feel as real nails. The flesh of my fingers seems to get caught on strings when trying to pick with them, so I've come asking for advice. Can one get used to playing without nails and get reasonably good? I'm not aspiring to be Paco de Lucia here but it seems to be twice as hard to fingerpick without nails.

I used play classical guitar and I had the same exact problem.

Try to keep them as short as possible and it feels pretty gay but you need to maintain them,

Don't use normal nail files, they aren't fine enough and wont get them guitar-smooth. Get like a 4-sided nail shaping block like this,
nail%20block.gif

Its really fine grit and will help keep the tips of your nails smooth so they wont catch as easy on the strings.

also the shape of the nail makes a big difference and will also help your tone too.
Nail%20Shape.jpg

^the bottom shape where the nail is angled slightly up to the right will probably be your best bet for tone and also the least bothersome for electric playing

Like I said, you can still get good tone with decently short nails, pretty much look at the palm side of your hand and if you can just barely see the nail growing past the flesh should be fine.

Good luck man, I remember when i used to have to deal with that nail shit, it sucks!