Guitar Player's Thread

Saw buckethead last night (and "that1guy" who I recommend youtubing his live shows for an unbelievable one man jam machine.) But I also recommend that YOU DO NOT MISS your chance to see Buckethead if he comes around. A truly epic show with so many hilarious and epic things to tell. I got a halloween mask from him as he handed out some halloween toys to the audience in the front row, and he was just hilarious and awesome the whole night. Ohhh Buckethead :worship:

Whats up bodom forum, i dont need to tell you whats up, because you know what ive vbeeen up to on a friday night at college

I know some people find it old, repetitive, and offensive, but i have the right as a human being to post on forums whenever i want to and in any state of body and mind.

To make this post guitar-related i ask this question...

What kind of sound do you think makes for a better metal tone?

1. Tight, compressed, boxy (mesaboogie, engl, ect.)
2> Slightly saggy but still tight (5150, lee jackson, JSX, ECT)
3. Saggy but still high gain (Marshall)

oknight

Whats up bodom forum, i dont need to tell you whats up, because you know what ive vbeeen up to on a friday night at college

I know some people find it old, repetitive, and offensive, but i have the right as a human being to post on forums whenever i want to and in any state of body and mind.

oknight

To be honest, I like all of those.

I think when the Lee Jackson is tight (alla Sinergy) that's probably the best.
But I really love all of those.

Just do not go saggy like some Laneys. They can produce some horrible tones. Some good too though :p.
Marshall saggy is win.

So all in all, this message is completely useless.
What about some tone examples?

Oh yea, and cool vid. Tone sounds kickass too.

oknight

nice vid. and #1 works best for me.

5150, mesa and stuff, is metal for me

Marshall i cant stomach, even if my life depended on it.

This all being said, ive heard mesa's that are saggier than a 5150, and a 5150 thats about as tight as you can get it

oknight

Obviously I like my Engl Blackmore. I love the tightness.Good amps as they may be,Peaveys aren't my cup of tea.