Guitar Player's Thread

Congrats. Get some recordings up!

Thanks man, He bought his one brand new so I will be the second owner of it. He has had it all this time but only used it a couple times (not his style). I will try get some recordings up, i just need to figure out how to connect it to my comp. Also hoping i can use it for the COBOT Album, can't wait to get it.:kickass:

Hah, noone responded :(

I dunno about a studio like that one, but theres a local studio, abit smaller than that maybe, but fully functioning(keep of kalessin recorded their last album there). 420$ for 1 week with a room and a bed for each, so you never have to leave. Nice price if you ask me
A room and bed so you don't have to leave?! hahaha that actually sounds perfect. especially at that price.

Nice?? That's fucking absolutely really extremely and even more awesome dude!!! As I told Mystique the one in my town is something like 100€ for a day and a day means 8 hours and then you go home :erk:

Pђoenix;7743458 said:
100€ is still cheap, the closest one to me is £200-320 a day :eek:

Maybe price depends on location. Big city = expensive.

Thanks man, He bought his one brand new so I will be the second owner of it. He has had it all this time but only used it a couple times (not his style). I will try get some recordings up, i just need to figure out how to connect it to my comp. Also hoping i can use it for the COBOT Album, can't wait to get it.:kickass:

Beware, if you connect it direct to your pc, it will sound terrible, since it doesn't have an amp simulator. You'll need to connect it to a power amp or through an effects unit that has an cab sim built in.

If I put it through the Korg PX4 with everything turned off except cab sim, it sounds pretty bad. You'd be best off micing it up to get a decent tone for recording, in my experience.

Beware, if you connect it direct to your pc, it will sound terrible, since it doesn't have an amp simulator. You'll need to connect it to a power amp or through an effects unit that has an cab sim built in.

If I put it through the Korg PX4 with everything turned off except cab sim, it sounds pretty bad. You'd be best off micing it up to get a decent tone for recording, in my experience.

I don't know much about recording so i am going to have to try different things, thanks for your help.

HGS = High gauge strings

thanks! although i'm still not quite sure what constitutes "high gauge" lol. is 10-52 "heavy" if tuned down a whole step (by Caparison standards)?

what about the Dellinger vs. Dellinger II? or like TAT vs TATII?

and just curiosity: do any of you guys think that the bolt-on neck is enough to stop me from getting the Horus? That, and the 6 strings are really the only things stopping me from getting it

My guess would be yes, since I believe the N stands for neck and BC stands for Bridge Ceramic. So just a neck version of J-50BC?:err: Correct me if i'm wrong.

J50N is a neck version of J50B...with alnico magnets, not ceramic like J50BC.

I have a Jackson USA J50BC pickup for sale, complete with a cover for 55€+shipping. EU countries only!!

FYI, the last one on ebay was sold yesterday for 75,95$ which is around 60€ and that does not include customs duties!

Maybe interesting for arvoitus:

http://houseofenglamps.com/ENGL_SchematicDiagrams/Heads/E625-schematics.pdf

Schematic plan for Engl Fireball.
Thanx man, but i already knew that schematic ;) i get most of my schematics from www.schematicheaven.com

The ENGL Fireball/powerball/E530 are very similar and they can be easily modified to sound more like each other.
Only i need a schematic from the ENGL Invader, cause that rhythm channel sounds awesome:

This invader has KT77's instead of EL34, but you get the basic tone idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! although i'm still not quite sure what constitutes "high gauge" lol. is 10-52 "heavy" if tuned down a whole step (by Caparison standards)?

what about the Dellinger vs. Dellinger II? or like TAT vs TATII?

and just curiosity: do any of you guys think that the bolt-on neck is enough to stop me from getting the Horus? That, and the 6 strings are really the only things stopping me from getting it

They've sculpted the heel on the horus, making it extremeley comfortable to play. The horus is really one of the coolest guitars.

On another note, i have the opportunity to buy a used Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell, for 600 Swedish kr, which is roughly 60% of what a new one costs. I'd really wanted to try that pickup, so i think i'm going to buy it!

Thanx man, but i already knew that schematic ;) i get most of my schematics from www.schematicheaven.com

The ENGL Fireball/powerball/E530 are very similar and they can be easily modified to sound more like each other.
Only i need a schematic from the ENGL Invader, cause that rhythm channel sounds awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx6EJbky8Qc
This invader has KT77's instead of EL34, but you get the basic tone idea.

The basic tone sounds cool, but I still dream of buying an ENGL Special Edition. It's 3000 Euro in Germany. :(
The MIDI-possibilities for example really turn me on!

And fyi, I myself can't read or use these schematics, so better don't try to start a modifying dialogue with me. ;)

Sex.

311870000.jpg