Guitar Player's Thread

Solid state meaning it does not have tubes in it.

And if the GP-1000II will have pre-amp tubes that would be awesome! Prolly wouldn't buy one since I already have a normal GP-1000. But it would be sweet to ditch the whole rack deal.

Yes, but I wouldn't be able to use the neck pickup, which would be silly because I use it alot. I was reading last night about it and I'd need to give both pickups their own circuit so they didn't interfere with each other and apparantly, it's a very tricky job. I'm not going to bother.

Actually on that post I was referring more to what I should do to my guitar if I get the J50BC, and as I only have one pickup it's going to be not easy but not complicated as hell as in your case.

If I were you I'd leave the RR1 with the EMGs or if you want to switch switch to either a J50BC and a J50-N like Nick's or to a f.e. Dimarzio/Seymour Duncan passive set, because EMG HZs seem like the most hated pickups atm :lol:

Solid state meaning it does not have tubes in it.

And if the GP-1000II will have pre-amp tubes that would be awesome! Prolly wouldn't buy one since I already have a normal GP-1000. But it would be sweet to ditch the whole rack deal.

Wonder how big the thing will be :rofl:

Probably something like the Freak Guitar AMT pedal? (anyone heard of that :p?).

You still need a power amp tho, and the thing probably costs about the same as an old Lee Jackson head used...

I Need to get some better pickups for my guitar I built. I originally put in whatever pickups i had laying around because i had no extra money and just wanted it to work, and now I think its time to get some better pup's in there!

The guy on the right...
IMG_2198.jpg

Right now I have a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and just random shitty pickups for the single coils. I dont like the tonezone as a bridge pickup its way too bassy and flabby sounding for me. I am thinking of replacing that with a dimarzio PAF-Pro that I have.

But I need some advice on single coils. I dont really know ANYTHING about popular single coil models and especially for the middle position (never had a guitar with 3 pickups before :lol:) I just know I want passive pickups, and about medium-hot output. I was thinking a malmsteen pickup for the neck :lol:?

Im up for any suggestions!

I Need to get some better pickups for my guitar I built. I originally put in whatever pickups i had laying around because i had no extra money and just wanted it to work, and now I think its time to get some better pup's in there!

The guy on the right...
IMG_2198.jpg

Right now I have a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and just random shitty pickups for the single coils. I dont like the tonezone as a bridge pickup its way too bassy and flabby sounding for me. I am thinking of replacing that with a dimarzio PAF-Pro that I have.

But I need some advice on single coils. I dont really know ANYTHING about popular single coil models and especially for the middle position (never had a guitar with 3 pickups before :lol:) I just know I want passive pickups, and about medium-hot output. I was thinking a malmsteen pickup for the neck :lol:?

Im up for any suggestions!

I don't know anything about other brands than dimarzio, but i could help you with that!

You should deffinitely go with the PAF pro in the bridge, seeing as it has that vowel-y sound with a little fuzz to beef up the tone (as in mid-beef, not bass-beef :lol:).

You probably already know this, but the middle position is useless for distorted sounds. The only time you would ever use it is probably for cleans.

I would probably go with the HS-3 in the neck. It's similar to the YJM pickup, with the difference that the YJM has more presence and a brighter tone, which might be too shrill depending on the amp and your pick/picking technique. Also, i enjoyed Yngwie's tone better when he had the HS3 in the neck.

You probably already know this, but the middle position is useless for distorted sounds. The only time you would ever use it is probably for cleans.

I would be playing mostly medium gain/ 80's stuff with this guitar, I heard in some paul gilbert video that you can get some cool twangy tones combining the bridge and the middle pickup. I will have to do some more research

I would be playing mostly medium gain/ 80's stuff with this guitar, I heard in some paul gilbert video that you can get some cool twangy tones combining the bridge and the middle pickup. I will have to do some more research

Yeah, i didn't mention that for some reason. But this only works with certain pickups/amps. Should work fine with the PAF pro though.

How do you like the Carvin neck?
Its absolutely phenomenal, Its a bit chunkier then my my Jackson neck, i would say in between Fender and Jackson thickness. But the fretwork on it is absolutely awesome (better than my USA Jackson) and the ebony wood on the finger board is really nice! Took FOREVER for them to build it and i was quite pissed off at carvin for a bit, they quoted me on like 3-4 weeks but it ended up being about 3 and a half months. I kept calling them and like after week 5 they were like "yea yea its in production and should be done in a week" and then every week after that they told me "one more week" and then eventually they told me "we haven't started it yet" so i got really mad after that and bitched them out and then it arrived like a week and a half later :lol: Definitely worth the money it costs though.

Yeah, i didn't mention that for some reason. But this only works with certain pickups/amps. Should work fine with the PAF pro though.

Yea i don't have any super compressed high gain amps anymore, so it should work well!

WOooooooo! I did not have a blown transformer on my Randall. The guy said i was lucky that i noticed it so early. He also said that all the guys who had blown transformers had had it on several minutes...even 10-20 before noticing that it was out and then they naturally had fried it badly. The guy was really cool...he builds amps himself and had alot of vintage gear and amps everywhere.

Im pretty happy now. I can play guitar with amp again, lol. I just need to let the Randall "dry off" for a bit now since due to the temperature shift from taking it from the car inside the house it got a bit moisty.

What model Randall is it?

My friend had one of the cheaper Solid State ones and it sounded HUGE!!!
If I ever wanted to buy a cheap solid state amp for metal, it would definitely be Randall

What model Randall is it?

My friend had one of the cheaper Solid State ones and it sounded HUGE!!!
If I ever wanted to buy a cheap solid state amp for metal, it would definitely be Randall

Yeah they do sound really huge! It's a RH50T. Really nice amp for the money...it sounds awesome and doesn't have insane mid scoop! It's tube but i've tried a RG150G3 or what it was and that thing rawked IMO!

There you can hear it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTVkV9-nF_g&feature=related[/ame]

Too bad my playing is exceptionally shit on it and the monitor makes my guitar buzz. Good thing that video is old...