Guitar Player's Thread

Sex.

311870000.jpg

Wow.

I wonder how its going to sound, being solid state and all. But the fact that its a pedal will be really awesome.

Looking at his other pedal prices, its probably going to be very expensive...
True, i expect its going to be 500$ or more ...

Lee is also releasing a book, including all of his schematics. And guess what ^^ GP1000 and SP1000 for me!
But anyway, thats still a dream for now ...

The basic tone sounds cool, but I still dream of buying an ENGL Special Edition. It's 3000 Euro in Germany. :(
The MIDI-possibilities for example really turn me on!

And fyi, I myself can't read or use these schematics, so better don't try to start a modifying dialogue with me. ;)
Yeah, the engl SE is also a sweet amplifier. But i like the invader more, because it has a more vintage/raw/oldschool like distortion, but they are both really expensive :(

Well, EL34 are the powertube's that are standard in most of the Marshall amplifiers.

@Above, yes. It's a JE1000 i'm building myself from scratch.
Anyway:
P1011863.jpg

Hell yeah, this one has 5 switches!!! The JE1000 has 3 switches and the MM04 has 4 switches, but this beauty has 5!

P1011864.jpg

Finished :) I'm going to test it in a couple of hours ...

Did you make that yourself?

It's not that difficult to make those yourself. Don't you have electronic studies or something at your school? We had to make stuff like that all the time ourselves.

Where'd ya find the schematics for one of those,arvoitus? Looks pretty nice! Can't wait to hear how it works.

Is it hard to etch a PCB board like that yourself?

I remember we did it like 6 years ago in high school but I don't remember how we did it, with like an acid bath or something.

Heres the schematics I found of the JE-1000
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/lowalkoroc/231963271_1515bdfd6a_o.jpg

I want to build a JE-1000 into a pedal. with on/off 3 toggle switches for the midboost, a foot switch for the gain boost, and a footswitch to bypass it completely.

J50N is a neck version of J50B...with alnico magnets, not ceramic like J50BC.

I have a Jackson USA J50BC pickup for sale, complete with a cover for 55€+shipping. EU countries only!!

FYI, the last one on ebay was sold yesterday for 75,95$ which is around 60€ and that does not include customs duties!

I will take it!

Holy fuck!

That pickup change thing went out the fucking window. :lol:

Can't put a J-50BC pickup in my RR1, so I can't take out the EMG81 and put it in my Stars RR. I can't put the EMG H3 into my Warlock because the screws that hold the pickup ring are a different size...so all my pickups stay the same! :lol:

And that Ibanez is quite nice. I'd stick a trem arm in there, some pink pickup sticker covers on and maybe a pickguard and it'd be awesome.

Well he said you need to replace pots and some stuff, but I don't know I don't think it'd be that bad. I supose I would have to get the battery thing unwired from the main line or something but I don't think that would be such a hard thing for a luthier, would it?

Anyone know what I would need to buy/replace if i want to remove my EMG 81's and replace them with Dimarzio passive pickups (Steve's special in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck)?
Any answers appreciated

I wonder how its going to sound, being solid state and all. But the fact that its a pedal will be really awesome.

True, i expect its going to be 500$ or more ...
Lee is also releasing a book, including all of his schematics. And guess what ^^ GP1000 and SP1000 for me!
It's lucky for current owners of GP-1000 because the price will remain as high as they are instead of dropping if it wasn't a pedal. I'd be interested to see how the pedal would sound. I wonder if Alexi would use them or carry on using his original.

Well he said you need to replace pots and some stuff, but I don't know I don't think it'd be that bad. I supose I would have to get the battery thing unwired from the main line or something but I don't think that would be such a hard thing for a luthier, would it?

Yes, but I wouldn't be able to use the neck pickup, which would be silly because I use it alot. I was reading last night about it and I'd need to give both pickups their own circuit so they didn't interfere with each other and apparantly, it's a very tricky job. I'm not going to bother.

Is it hard to etch a PCB board like that yourself?

I remember we did it like 6 years ago in high school but I don't remember how we did it, with like an acid bath or something.

Heres the schematics I found of the JE-1000
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/lowalkoroc/231963271_1515bdfd6a_o.jpg

I want to build a JE-1000 into a pedal. with on/off 3 toggle switches for the midboost, a foot switch for the gain boost, and a footswitch to bypass it completely.

No, it's not hard at all.

I remember that i just had some drawing of it and i made markings for those holes that the components would go into and drilled them. Then i had the drawing in front of me and i drew all those "curves"(don't know what to call them)on the board itself. Which as i understand had somekind of coppertopping or something. Then when i had drawed the lines using a special pen we put the Board we had drawn on into the acid and let it be there for a while. Then when we took them out from the acidbath then all that was left of the "copper" was where we had drawn those lines and then we sanded away the color from the pen. That was basically it....i regret i wasn't more into it at the time since it was all pretty interesting.

Sorry if i am using completely wrong terms :lol: That's basically how we did. Thanks for that link btw!

It's gonna be all tube this time :p.
I wouldn't buy it if it was solid state. Especially at those prices.
Not that I am gonna buy it anyways though. I am satisfied with my XLS-500