Guitar Player's Thread

Hi its me again. I got very bad amp fever and I need your help choosing good amp.
What you think about this Vox AD30VT-XL?
http://www.thomann.de/fi/vox_ad30vtxl.htm

'And this Vox AD30VT
http://www.thomann.de/fi/vox_ad30vt_valvetronix_gitarrencombo.htm

You previously said that Marshall MGs are shitty, but is this set also shitty?
Set contains Marshall MG100HDFX+MG412A... I am not expert about these things.
http://www.thomann.de/fi/marshall_mg100hdfxmg412aset.htm

Are those amps good to play metal stuff? Would you recommend those amps?

The Caparison site is horribly confusing to me.

can someone tell me the difference between a Horus and a Horus-HGS? How about all of the Dellinger variations? they all have pretty much the same description for each of the respective series.

man, if only i could get a 7-string Horus *drool*

The Caparison site is horribly confusing to me.

can someone tell me the difference between a Horus and a Horus-HGS? How about all of the Dellinger variations? they all have pretty much the same description for each of the respective series.

man, if only i could get a 7-string Horus *drool*

HGS = High gauge strings

How much would it cost a band to record in a studio like that?

Hah, noone responded :(

I dunno about a studio like that one, but theres a local studio, abit smaller than that maybe, but fully functioning(keep of kalessin recorded their last album there). 420$ for 1 week with a room and a bed for each, so you never have to leave. Nice price if you ask me

Bonded By Blood have awesome guitars:
l_f433266c6a48d3853d38d8f4b2962e8e.jpg

Sweet! Their music isn't too bad either.

Haha, I loved this. The constant growls on everything during the 2nd half had my lol'ing.

I ended up buying it! It's a 1988 model.

Congrats. Get some recordings up!

And I'm going to be doing a nice big pickup changing project tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully I don't FUCK it up. :lol:

This is how my guitars are currently set up:
Jackson RR1 (poplar body) - EMG81
Jackson Stars (alder body) - J-50BC
BC Rich Warlock (basswood body) - J-50BC

I like the RR1 tone because of the body wood but the EMG seems too much.

The Stars is a bit muddy and the Jackson pickup doesn't have much gain. I'm without a JE-1000/1200 so I have nothing to modify the tone and the EMG PA-2 is horrible.

And I loved the BC Rich tone with the J-50BC at first but lately it's really sounding bad, so here's what I want to change it all to:

Jackson RR1 (poplar body) -> J-50BC
Jackson Stars (alder body) -> EMG81
BC Rich Warlock (basswood body) -> EMG HZ (originally from the Stars RR)

I'll record a short rhythm clip of all guitars playing the same thing before and after the changes and upload them all when I'm done so anyone that's interested can check it out.

Good luck Mitch!

Not sure if you know this or not, but EMG81 is an active pickup, you can't just drop a J50BC on it's place. You have to replace the volume pot (and tone pot too if you use it) with a 500k one. And you won't be able to use the neck EMG pickup with the J50BC.

Good luck Mitch!

Not sure if you know this or not, but EMG81 is an active pickup, you can't just drop a J50BC on it's place. You have to replace the volume pot (and tone pot too if you use it) with a 500k one. And you won't be able to use the neck EMG pickup with the J50BC.

Ehm, i might be wrong about this but i think EMG 81 is used with a 250k pot.

No, it's 25k.

My bad. I have heard some people use 25K pots with Passive pickups to cut down some of the treble. Is this correct?

Weeeell anyway. I might replace all electronics in my RR24 just because i honestly don't trust them one bit. Well, i might not switch out the pickup but atleast the volume pot and imput jack and all the damn wires. It seems like the Japanese "workmanship" didn't quite shine in this area :rolleyes:. Me being a damn amateur and being able to spot bad solderings easily is just enough for me to decide to replace components :erk:

I'm thinking about working for at the Whirlwind Audio factory over next summer. It's right down the street from me and im sick of working in a grocery store.

Good luck Mitch!

Fuck. :lol:

So what would actually happen if I did do all that?

Pђoenix;7738831 said:
That studio looks fucking awesome. *jealous*

+23645239756394735806467467 I wish I could record my band's demo (which we are going to finish even though we've splitted) in something like that.

How much would it cost a band to record in a studio like that?

An awful lot of money. The one at my town somewhere around 100€ a day.

That was great dude! :lol: I wish I could try something like that. is there a part 2 also for Lowberg TV? :lol:

Hah, noone responded :(

I dunno about a studio like that one, but theres a local studio, abit smaller than that maybe, but fully functioning(keep of kalessin recorded their last album there). 420$ for 1 week with a room and a bed for each, so you never have to leave. Nice price if you ask me

Nice?? That's fucking absolutely really extremely and even more awesome dude!!! As I told Mystique the one in my town is something like 100€ for a day and a day means 8 hours and then you go home :erk:

And I'm going to be doing a nice big pickup changing project tonight/tomorrow. Hopefully I don't FUCK it up. :lol:

This is how my guitars are currently set up:
Jackson RR1 (poplar body) - EMG81
Jackson Stars (alder body) - J-50BC
BC Rich Warlock (basswood body) - J-50BC

I like the RR1 tone because of the body wood but the EMG seems too much.

The Stars is a bit muddy and the Jackson pickup doesn't have much gain. I'm without a JE-1000/1200 so I have nothing to modify the tone and the EMG PA-2 is horrible.

And I loved the BC Rich tone with the J-50BC at first but lately it's really sounding bad, so here's what I want to change it all to:

Jackson RR1 (poplar body) -> J-50BC
Jackson Stars (alder body) -> EMG81
BC Rich Warlock (basswood body) -> EMG HZ (originally from the Stars RR)

I'll record a short rhythm clip of all guitars playing the same thing before and after the changes and upload them all when I'm done so anyone that's interested can check it out.

Big project in there, good luck if you finally get it done including pots and everything else.

I'm thinking about working for at the Whirlwind Audio factory over next summer. It's right down the street from me and im sick of working in a grocery store.

I say go for it!

Well, it's not close to that, but it's the most similar thing to it. Well no wait, there's one that is like 200€ (same, only 8 hours and then you go back home). And yes, I think that's quite expensive. I mean where we're recording our demo is a really small place and stuff, but it's 7€ each hour, which adds to 56€ each day if we spend there 8 hours like the other studio. Of course it doesn't have as much stuff as the big one, but gets great sound quality too. I'll post a song by some friends of mine that recorded there so you can see how it sounds in there.

+23645239756394735806467467 I wish I could record my band's demo (which we are going to finish even though we've splitted) in something like that.

Pђoenix;7743458 said:
100€ is still cheap, the closest one to me is £200-320 a day :eek:

My friend set up his own studio, and he's got some pretty good equipment! He said he would ask for £10 for every song I record with him, which is pretty great considering the rates people pay per hour! Sadly he's moved away, and to get there would cost a fair bit too :(