Guitar Player's Thread

Bouree from Bach

how cliche. I much prefer the Sarabande, and the Gigue if you're going to go luite suites.

@ Lowberg: Those videos are great!! It was nice to see you rocking on the stage! You should really start a band again as soon as possible!

@ classical guitar players: I played the classical guitar for 4 years (I started at 8). I haven't played for such a long time. Do you know great classical guitar pieces (1 or 2 guitars)? I also have to change my strings but I really don't know about classical guitar strings. Thank you.

Antonio Lauro's 3rd waltz, also known as Natalie. 'Tis one of my favorites. Also check out Recuerdos de la Alhambra if you've got a good tremolo.

as far as strings go, just make sure they're nylon ;). There are so many variations, it's really what you're into. D'addario make good ones, i think that's what I have on.

Thanks for your advice on classical guitar pieces dudes. I tried to play something but after 4 years without playing I really suck. I have to practise a lot because I play with my thumb and my first finger only, sometimes with the second too but not as good as I used to play. Also, I didn't remember that classical guitar necks were that thick!!
Thank you about strings, shredtastical!

When you write something down in Guitar Pro, how do you do it?
Because if you do it right away, don't you sometimes feel like some of the magic has like...gone when trying to remember it?

Wat?

You come up with your own riff, you write it in guitar pro, If you cant remember it without reading your guitar pro, then it probably wasn't a good riff to begin with!

Wat?

You come up with your own riff, you write it in guitar pro, If you cant remember it without reading your guitar pro, then it probably wasn't a good riff to begin with!

Not like that.
If I sit down and improvise, and there's something I want to write down in Guitar Pro, do you just guys just do that quickly, or do you like, tape yourselves improvising, then write the stuff down afterwards?

What do you find easier?

l_8c5c5c43dbdf4e25a58d29eade4aa23a.jpg