Guitar Player's Thread

The thing I didn't like about Loomis's solo album was that it sounded to me like a bunch of nevermore riffs and solo licks. Yes i know that's what people want but some parts of the songs and some of the chord progressions sounded TOO similar to actual existing nevermore songs for me.

Like Jato Unit definitely had some This Godless Endeavor and Born riffs in there. Departure sounded too similar to This Godless Endeavor Intro. And im pretty sure I heard the River Dragon diminished solo and the Godless Endeavor sweeps at least 4 times on the album lol Just off the top of my head.

But Hey, Yngwie Malmsteen played the same lick 4,000 times and he did okay :lol:

The thing I didn't like about Loomis's solo album was that it sounded to me like a bunch of nevermore riffs and solo licks. Yes i know that's what people want but some parts of the songs and some of the chord progressions sounded TOO similar to actual existing nevermore songs for me.

Like Jato Unit definitely had some This Godless Endeavor and Born riffs in there. Departure sounded too similar to This Godless Endeavor Intro. And im pretty sure I heard the River Dragon diminished solo and the Godless Endeavor sweeps at least 4 times on the album lol Just off the top of my head.

But Hey, Yngwie Malmsteen played the same lick 4,000 times and he did okay :lol:

Well he does have his signature licks, just like alexi has his eminor arpeggios with the tapping. Jeff has his diminished arpeggios with chromatic notes, as well as similiar sweep patterns that he uses in many solos. With this album you get to hear more of Jeff's phrasing, which I love.

Miles of Machine is my favourite, closely followed by Jato Unit , Race Against Disaster, and Devil Theory.

Also, check out this interview if you are interested...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108242

Some fucking hot modded Ibanez' for you guys to fap over.
EricUV77GMCfront.jpg

EricUV77GMCrear.jpg

RGfront3.jpg

This one I wish I could fine more pics of because I think the finish is sweet.
MyGMC2jpg.jpg

And finally a Jem I'd actually love.
Jem777VMMV_front2.jpg

WOW!

I don't like the first one, the fretboard of the second one is awesome, the fretboard and the headstock of the third one are awesome too but I don't like its body and I love the last one!

^^Holy mother of god!!! Those guitars are just so fucking sweet! The fretboard on the 2nd one looks gorgeous and the 4th guitar is epic!

Hey folks, I won in the lottery and decided to add some new guitars to my collection:
http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/groups/kosaku nakamura.htm

:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

I'm working on it, Me and some guys are almost finished writing an album for an un-named band as of now (we cant think of a good non-taken name!). I haven't posted any of the songs here yet though.

I'd describe it as a strange combination of Melodic Death, Power, and 80's thrash metal. My other guitarist Dom is doing the screaming vocals, and our singer Sklar is a nut case who rips on clean metal vocals. We are going to have of back and fourth between clean and screaming, not just like "clean vocals always on choruses".

It sucks because the only thing holding us back now is not having a band name lol

:lol: Go with whatever the hell you find, you can always change it when something better pops up, but the band name being the only thing holding you back sucks :lol:

BTW, how's that studio thing you did doing? Post it here when it's done or at least some clips, I'm interested on that :)

I recordad sum massive techinal skills mixed with pure epic win for you guise:kickass:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/szfjyc

:lol: Actually it was somehow cool :lol:

Pђoenix;7778092 said:
And finally a Jem I'd actually love.
Jem777VMMV_front2.jpg

Oh my fucking fuck! This one is amazing!

I know that it is silly to argue in the internet, but this youtube user claiming that this is a Frank Zappa song just makes me rage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Les Paul tone and very, very cool bendings. I would suggest one thing concerning your vibrato: You tend to vibrate more intense at the beginning of the note then at the end, sometimes the vibrato stops soon. My suggestion would be: Try to increase the vibration. You can hear what I mean at 00:23 for example.

But that's just a minor thing, good recording!

Nice Les Paul tone and very, very cool bendings. I would suggest one thing concerning your vibrato: You tend to vibrate more intense at the beginning of the note then at the end, sometimes the vibrato stops soon. My suggestion would be: Try to increase the vibration. You can hear what I mean at 00:23 for example.

But that's just a minor thing, good recording!

Thanks man! Yeah, it was done in like the very second take, and I'm not used to all this Slash music (meaning BENDBENDBENDBNEBDVIBRATOVIBRATOVIBRATOVIBRATO).

I'm used to doing it with POWAH and such. I need to work on that when playing songs like this.

It's actually a Morgan copy of the Les Paul. Some Norwegian brand I guess.

:)