Guitar Player's Thread

Yes, Corey has screamed live since the crusade, dude. Matt REFUSES to scream live because it "fuck's up my voice and it's stupid". Atleast that's what he commented in Guitar World once. I am sure Corey has some parts but i am also pretty sure 80% of the screams are Matt. I already knew he has Corey to scream...he's done that for a while. On songs where it has been Matt originally too...doesn't really matter. Matt has always done the screaming pre-crusade and that we know...then suddenly he wanted to stop.

I think this would be a compromise of him NOT WANTING to scream so he did it in the studio and then does not live maybe? I have no idea, neither do i really care. In the interviews it's just been said that "Matt went back to screaming again". If that pre-chorus bit is Corey.

Matt does all singing/screaming on the album. I bought the making of edition of the C.D, Matt does all the screaming on the C.D (you never see Corey doing it) and he shows his different screams. So pretty much Matt does all of them in the studio.

Matt does all singing/screaming on the album. I bought the making of edition of the C.D, Matt does all the screaming on the C.D (you never see Corey doing it) and he shows his different screams. So pretty much Matt does all of them in the studio.

That's what i suspected from the beginning. Was it a worthy buy? I am maybe getting that one too. I guess the reason why there has been speculation is because Matt has never screamed that low before.

I tried changing strings from gauge 09-42 to 10-56.
I added an extra spring and adjusted the neck...

but, but, but... It's just fucked up.:cry:

That's what i suspected from the beginning. Was it a worthy buy? I am maybe getting that one too. I guess the reason why there has been speculation is because Matt has never screamed that low before.

I've watched it about three times now so i like it :lol:. I got it for a really good price as well 13usd.

^Should check it out then! The album is great and finally has a completely unique sound.

What? This gauge can be used with a good setup in E-stand. But a thinner low E would make it easier, of course.

Well maybe the gauge is not as thick as mine since mine is custom picked.

Mine is .12, .16, .24, .36, .46, .56

Well, you have 3 possibilities: Springs, Truss Rod, the trem screws to pull the strings.

Yep, that's pretty much it! I would still pick only .10-.46 for E. For D standard 11-50 or 52 and for C standard 12-56 or 58.

Be careful with the truss rod though :lol: It might break yer fucking neck!

Lowberg has a GP-1000, no? So i guess it's not quite what he is looking for. And considering ENGL are as pricey probably as Mesa is in Europe in the US i don't know if he affords one. They are pretty cheap over here. 500€ for a used Thunder :zombie:
Don't buy a ENGL thunder, its not a great amp. ENGL's are only fun of you have a fireball/powerball or invader/SE. Fireball is the cheapest one, and has a shitload of gain and sounds pretty nice.

And lowberg has a GP1000 indeed.

5150 and 6505 sound to muddy IMO. They are definately way more metal than Marshall DSL, but if you want something really good go with something more clear. But then again, I don't know your budget (therefore used Lee Jacksons ftw :p).
But Mesa and Engl I think beats the 5150 and 6505 times ten.
Those amp's don't sound muddy, not if you set them up right. I think they are awesome amp's, specially for that kinda money.

Don't buy a ENGL thunder, its not a great amp. ENGL's are only fun of you have a fireball/powerball or invader/SE. Fireball is the cheapest one, and has a shitload of gain and sounds pretty nice..

Thanks for the info. I might just get a ENGL E-530 then. The rack unit...heard it's great and sounds a great lot like powerball/fireball and that the only downside is the lack of MIDI programmibility. It's more flexible anyway when i can choose a poweramp myself etc. Shouldn't cost too much either if i get something like VHT 2/50/2 used.

Shouldn't talk though...Don't know shit when i have money yet! My Randall will do...outstanding amp. It's just me that is a moron and find always new ways to sabotage it!

Thanks for the info. I might just get a ENGL E-530 then. The rack unit...heard it's great and sounds a great lot like powerball/fireball and that the only downside is the lack of MIDI programmibility. It's more flexible anyway when i can choose a poweramp myself etc. Shouldn't cost too much either if i get something like VHT 2/50/2 used.
The E530 is a great preamp! And the VHT 2/50/2 also is a awesome sounding poweramp.
You cant go wrong with those.

The E530 is a great preamp! And the VHT 2/50/2 also is a awesome sounding poweramp.
You cant go wrong with those.

Yeah that's what i've been thinking. VHT seems to be the best and most reliable out there from what i hear and the ENGL E-530 has sounded awesome anywhere i have heard it! Both fairly low priced and available used. The ENGL i would probably get new but the VHT i would try to find used so to spare maximum amount of cash :) Does the VHT 2/50/2 also have the "inbuilt attentuator" that let's you switch it between 2 power levels?