Guitar Player's Thread

Deathcore = Job For a Cowboy, Bring Me the Horizon etc etc etc, in otherwords "gayass shit".

Deathcore =/= Arsis, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth etc etc etc, in otherwords "not gayass shit".

There are different types. Job For A Cowboy is the most stereotypical 'bree' band i have ever heard of. You can't deny that the breakdowns they have could be incorporated with deathcore :p

Anyway's it's not deathcore so let's just forget it. I've actually been wondering for long what kind of music Bring Me The Horizon is :lol: I heard about it all the time for a while ago but never checked it up. Now i can almost know it was a smart choice...

Pђoenix;7791476 said:
:eek: Heilige Scheiße!!! A 27 FRET Xiphos! :eek: :hotjump:

the_absence258ccr.jpg
:OMG: that looks booootiful! that solid color look does a lot.

Speaking of xiphos'

NAMM-DAY-THREE----16.gif

this on the other hand, is not that aesthetically appealing. I like the Giger design, but I don't think it suites the xiphos.

Just bought JJ EL34s Matched pair of powertubes. I might have to buy some preamptubes too since 3 of my preamptubes are very dimly lit...didn't expect that. Preamptubes should have longer life and my little cab disconnection accident can't have blown those aswell right?

On another note...i had to cancel the Schecter order. I just got so fucking pissy when the whole goddamn Finland is out of hellraisers that i said "That's it, I am taking something else". I am going to pick up a Ibanez MTM2 next week with a pair of EMG 81/60 to join it. You are surely going to say i bought a shit guitar or something but i tried many guitars there and i didn't even know it was a MTM2 before i had played it for a good 15 minutes and thought that "This guitar is feels fucking awesome!!!" Then i checked the headstock and saw it said "Seven" on the truss rod cover and i was like "What the fuck?!" then i asked for the price of it and got it for 460€ so i reserved it.

Exactly. They come to Cologne next week, but I'm broke. :(
damn they were so cool! and they are coming to hamburg which isnt far from here but I dont have time!

I so need to see them with some friends so we can totally freak out - because last time my mum was with me and they only played 3 songs.

Is there the possibility that I will crush my combo when I run the keyboard signal through the speakers?

bumb

The E530 is a great preamp! And the VHT 2/50/2 also is a awesome sounding poweramp.
You cant go wrong with those.

Nice to know, as that's pretty much what I'm thinking of getting too, although I may go for the Rocktron Velocity instead of the VHT.

I wouldn't do it, too. But it should work, Stevie Ray Vaughan played 13s for Eb tuning.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????? That must have been like playing on iron bars!

omggg i just found out my singer can also play piano really good

"You found a keyboardist!
+10 to Epicness
+0 to Extra Band Members"

:lol::lol::lol:

Pђoenix;7791476 said:
:eek: Heilige Scheiße!!! A 27 FRET Xiphos! :eek: :hotjump:

the_absence258ccr.jpg

Holy mother of god! Who's the owner?

Speaking of xiphos'

NAMM-DAY-THREE----16.gif

Me kinda likes the fretboard, but the whole thing doesn't feel that good, dunno why.

NEW SONG IS FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=404565240

it's called Open The Gates

i think it's the most epic thing i've ever created music wise lol

Fucking awesome dude!

this on the other hand, is not that aesthetically appealing. I like the Giger design, but I don't think it suites the xiphos.

Kinda agreed.

On another note...i had to cancel the Schecter order. I just got so fucking pissy when the whole goddamn Finland is out of hellraisers that i said "That's it, I am taking something else". I am going to pick up a Ibanez MTM2 next week with a pair of EMG 81/60 to join it. You are surely going to say i bought a shit guitar or something but i tried many guitars there and i didn't even know it was a MTM2 before i had played it for a good 15 minutes and thought that "This guitar is feels fucking awesome!!!" Then i checked the headstock and saw it said "Seven" on the truss rod cover and i was like "What the fuck?!" then i asked for the price of it and got it for 460€ so i reserved it.

I know you said you won't change your mind, but when I tried that one out I didn't quite like it. First, the neck through was kinda cool, but even with it I felt that the guitar seriously lacked sustain and overall ''body'' for the tone. And in Ireland back at home I had a BcRich Warlock bronze series, not my RR24. Dunno, but it really dissapointed me.

thanks everyone!

yeah we spend about 12 hours a day recording/mixing

being compared to bulb is the greatest compliment i've ever received in my life
:)

I know you said you won't change your mind, but when I tried that one out I didn't quite like it. First, the neck through was kinda cool, but even with it I felt that the guitar seriously lacked sustain and overall ''body'' for the tone. And in Ireland back at home I had a BcRich Warlock bronze series, not my RR24. Dunno, but it really dissapointed me.

That's my friends opinion too but when i tried it, it just rawked! Tried it with a amp and everything. That shit has got balls even to share! Going to replace the pickups though...they had good cleans but were A BIT muddy. I am betting it's the store setup like with the RR24.

Yey PG Tonight! :D I'll try get a spot at the front for pics and vids. It's only a small venue so it should be easy enough. Hopefully Mitch will be going tonight to.

That's my friends opinion too but when i tried it, it just rawked! Tried it with a amp and everything. That shit has got balls even to share! Going to replace the pickups though...they had good cleans but were A BIT muddy. I am betting it's the store setup like with the RR24.

Well, tell us how it works when you've setted it up dude!

Pђoenix;7796390 said:
Yey PG Tonight! :D I'll try get a spot at the front for pics and vids. It's only a small venue so it should be easy enough. Hopefully Mitch will be going tonight to.

Have fun and do record some stuff and take some pics if you can!