Guitar Player's Thread

Bruce Darnell with an Edrwards Scythe:

bruce-darnell-10833496-MBQF,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=227.jpg

Went to see Paul Gilbert last night and here's just a quick review with a few pics. I have about 90 but I'll only post the ones that are really cool to save space, since I can't post more than 15 images in one post on this forum.

It was my third time seeing Mr. Paul Gilbert, and it was amazing!!!

Saw him at the London Astoria 2 (previously known as The Mean Fiddler). Venue is nice and small, but the first time I saw him there, I could walk UP to the stage and touch his foot/pedalboard/micstand etc, but this time, they'd put a barrier the whole way across the front so we were further back than I expected, but still close. After queuing for 2 hours, I got to the second row with no problem, but thanks to a guy I know that went to the VIP class I was allowed to squeeze in the front row to take some pics and videos without anything in the way.

Paul used his reverse Iceman for most of the show, except for a few songs where he used the sunburst PGM and for a 'The Who' cover, he used that big 50's looking guitar with the F-holes. The plywood PGM with the sustainer was also used for about 2/3 songs. I was suprised that he didn't have a sig white PGM in his rack at all.

The setlist was the same as most of the shows already attended but I'll post it here anyway.

Hurry Up
Castle Dragon
SFBDR
Eudamonia Overture
Norwegian Cowbell
Scarified
Suite Modale
Gargoyle
I Cannot Tell A Lie
Jackhammer (drum solo)
Bronx
Burning Organ
Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy
Tech Diff

Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Redhouse
Viking Kong
Mr. Skin
Bliss
Long Live rock

One of the things I won't forget, is when I opened my camera to remove the memory card to check how much space the camera had without the card there, and when I went to put the thing back in, one of the batteries dropped out onto the floor over the barrier, and since there was NO security whatsoever, I had to wait until the end so I could get it back.

I didn't see anyone walk past afterwards, so my friend jumped the barrier and got my battery back for me and then disappeared somewhere. In the meantime, I saw a pick on the floor over the barrier that noone could reach, so I jumped it too, grabbed the pick and then jumped back over!!! SWEET! That was probably my highlight, I didn't even think, just acted!! :kickass:

(btw, Paul was wearing one of his own SFBADR shirts INSIDE OUT LOL!!)

I got some vids of full songs/solos that I'll upload to Youtube Sunday night, since I'm seeing BFMV later and I'll be out all day 'till late. I hope the sound quality isn't too terrible, but the visual is all good.

Good to see you again, Brad! It's just a shame I can't stay too long 'cuz of the C2C trains nearer to where I live. I'll be going to Bodom in Feb though!

Here's the pics:

VIP pass:
5a7fs.jpg

iptoad.jpg

11t5qxg.jpg

The best facial expression ever:
fe460n.jpg

359elvr.jpg

2nk7uiv.jpg

2rrt8cj.jpg

qrd7c5.jpg

nd1zmh.jpg

bhm8wg.jpg

14t796p.jpg

24qihcp.jpg

34sfehh.jpg

mach02.jpg

┼Victim of the Night┼;7799157 said:
Great stuff, you really had fun again, Mitch! Cool pics too!

Hehe, thanks! :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;7799157 said:
And see, nothing bad came from losing one of your batteries... hehe! :)

Except that I didn't get Viking Kong on video. :cry::cry::cry:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7799216 said:
Well, yes, but what I meant is that... on the whole, you had more good things, then bad ones... at least, thought so.
If I'm wrong, then sorry.

Hey, c'mon, you know I was only joking! *hugs*

Huge thanks for the review with great pics!!!! You make me feel ashamed because of my poor "Was great, sorry not pics" reports. ;)

I'm off to my hometown where the local Death Metal heroes play their farewell gig and I play a song with them on stage. First gig with short hair, whohoo.

Hehe, thanks! :)

Except that I didn't get Viking Kong on video. :cry::cry::cry:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7799216 said:
Well, yes, but what I meant is that... on the whole, you had more good things, then bad ones... at least, thought so.
If I'm wrong, then sorry.

Good job I did then :D I'll upload what I got but I was to far back to get a decent resolution. Too bad you had to go man but hey. I stayed around after the show and touched Paul Gilbert :eek: :lol:

Anyone heard any news about Necrophagist song writing? I remember someone mentioned that Muhammed is writing new stuff. I am so fucking much into Onset to Putrifaction at the moment! Great album.

^^Muhammad explains a lot in an interview I think Corny posted (?) a while back, I'ts probably on youtube. I think it was metal injection interviewing.

I look like shit but I don't care :lol:
DSC00179.jpg

Btw if anyone wants any videos I have The Gargoyle, Scarified, Technical Difficulties, The Curse, SFBDR solo and Viking Kong. Sound quality is actually pretty awesome, unlike the picture however. So yeah if you want any Just say so, and I'l upload to sendspace and PM you the link.

And Thanks Eli!