Guitar Player's Thread

Thats some pretty cool shit. I like the black tide guys guitar. I can't stand Alexi Laiho's guitar though. 1 fucking humbucker >_< Limits it so much.

You guys prefer soloing on the bridge or the neck pickup? I like the sound from the neck.

Thats some pretty cool shit. I like the black tide guys guitar. I can't stand Alexi Laiho's guitar though. 1 fucking humbucker >_< Limits it so much.

You guys prefer soloing on the bridge or the neck pickup? I like the sound from the neck.

My main guitars have been bridge only for the past 5 years.

Unless I'm playing something for jazz lessons, I pull out a semi-hallow or a strat.

Depends what kind of solo you are playing.

Neck pickup hides your mistakes, so I like that the best:p

I think the neck pickup is necessary. I don't use it as much as the bridge tho. But for a few chords, and for those long vibrato notes, and for cleans for of course I think it rocks. Also if you do some of the lower harmonics with an DiMarzio Evo 2 it'll sound awesomely beautiful.

Neck and bridge ftw! Single coils are also good :p

I'm so glad you got to meet him! he is indeed a very nice guy. He replies to the fans' emails and everything. So did you ask him any cool questions?
And thanks for the Gargoyle vid. easily one of my favorite PG songs!

Thanks and no problem! I wish I could have asked him something but in my excitment I probably would have just embarrassed myself :lol: So I refrained from doing so. Would have been cool to of had a VIP ticket and Jam with him.

i saw dragonforce on friday. pretty much fucking owned, i met herman, sam, and vadim. they played a really clean show, they were all spot on. ZP was killer. Musically, he's my favorite member of DF, but fred is a fucking badass :p

oh, and i fucking met powerglove sd;lkfjaslfjd!

Cool stuff Mitch, Brad, and Ensi! Digging the vids and pics :kickass: I want to see Paul Gilbert someday! (missed one of his gigs over a year ago) :(

Nice reviews Mitch! I would love to see both of them, but still I haven't had a chance for various reasons.

Huge thanks for the review with great pics!!!! You make me feel ashamed because of my poor "Was great, sorry not pics" reports. ;)

I'm off to my hometown where the local Death Metal heroes play their farewell gig and I play a song with them on stage. First gig with short hair, whohoo.

Enjoy it!

P&#1106;oenix;7799463 said:
^^Muhammad explains a lot in an interview I think Corny posted (?) a while back, I'ts probably on youtube. I think it was metal injection interviewing.

I look like shit but I don't care :lol:
DSC00179.jpg

Btw if anyone wants any videos I have The Gargoyle, Scarified, Technical Difficulties, The Curse, SFBDR solo and Viking Kong. Sound quality is actually pretty awesome, unlike the picture however. So yeah if you want any Just say so, and I'l upload to sendspace and PM you the link.

And Thanks Eli!

I'd like them all, but as that'll be too much The Gargoyle, TD and SFBADR would be great!

Yes, he is a thousand times better than Tolkki. He will probably take Stratovarius to a new level...

Haven't you seen the studio vids with Matias? The samples you can hear there are awesome!

Hey, this interesting idea came to my head just now:

Is anyone interested in doing a collaboration guitar cover video with me?

Would be cool.

Lol:p

Well, when I get my main PC back from repair, it would be cool to do a video.

I was thinking about .. .Well.. any song that requires 2 guitars, Bodom covers for example. Just that I can't do the solos :lol: Hate Me could be cool. :)

I don't know how to get a vid altogether with nice sound, but I would like to. Besides, I can play Hate Me! I won't nail the original solos but I can do some stuff. But I don't know how I'd set the audio and the vid right. I'll have to see.

I think the neck pickup is necessary. I don't use it as much as the bridge tho. But for a few chords, and for those long vibrato notes, and for cleans for of course I think it rocks. Also if you do some of the lower harmonics with an DiMarzio Evo 2 it'll sound awesomely beautiful.

Neck and bridge ftw! Single coils are also good :p

I don't use the neck pickup anymore, it sounds too muddy for me, although it's true that it's cool for solos when you don't know them 100% :lol:

Haven't you seen the studio vids with Matias? The samples you can hear there are awesome!

I don't use the neck pickup anymore, it sounds too muddy for me, although it's true that it's cool for solos when you don't know them 100% :lol:

Yep that's what i said. Matias is one of the cleanest players i have ever heard.

Dude, the bridge pickup is shitty for cleans :erk:

P&#1106;oenix;7803987 said:
Your's may be. Don't generalise :p

Well, okay okay! :lol: Mine is shit but generally the neck is alot better!

Damn, i have to choose between replacing the V7/V8 pickups with EMG 81/60 on a Ibanez MTM2 or getting a Line 6 UX1 :lol: I think i will get the Line 6 Toneport...the EMGs can be got later and the V7/V8 pickups are not that bad. I got a decent amp too so i will manage!