Guitar Player's Thread

Dude, that sounds fucking awesome. Seriously ...

How did you record it?

Line 6 pre-amp with different cab modeling.
The drum program is Addictive drums.
Plus some compression/limiting In cubase.

Glad you guys like it, I'll probably add more to the song today because I'm always bored living at school haha

How did you guys go about learning how to tab things down?
I'm talking mainly when composing your own stuff.

Right now I am learning the notes on the fretboard. I have learned about time signatures and note values, but when playing something I can't really get the grip of what's what.

So what did you guys do to practice this, so I can quickly when having played something, write it into tabs in Guitar Pro

Progress report:
P1011974.jpg

Powerboard and trafo connected, heater wires for the tubes connected. Star grounding has been done for a part and trafo voltages are checked.

Everything is going very smoothly :) nothing has gone wrong (besides a screw is missing) and all voltages are fine (untill now).

How did you guys go about learning how to tab things down?
I'm talking mainly when composing your own stuff.

Right now I am learning the notes on the fretboard. I have learned about time signatures and note values, but when playing something I can't really get the grip of what's what.

So what did you guys do to practice this, so I can quickly when having played something, write it into tabs in Guitar Pro

What do you mean? Are you talking about expanding on an idea through knowledge of music or just tabbing it?

Sorry, but that's just wrong. It is smoother, but it's far from being "generally a lot better" because there are different clean sounds which need different pickup positions.

Well yeah, you are right! For stuff that needs a thinner sound and such but neck is then alot better to stuff like chording that needs a bit thicker and bassier sound. Atleast IMO.

Oh it's going to be sweet to get a Toneport...i think that will satisfy me more than a pair of EMG 81/60. I got EZ Drummer up and running too but i am annoyed it does not work as a standalone program but needs to be used through VST. For some reasons i can't play my own drum patterns on it either...

Should reinstall it. How is addictive drummer different? How different is the sound etc...can i use Drumkit from hell samples with it?

Oh it's going to be sweet to get a Toneport...i think that will satisfy me more than a pair of EMG 81/60. I got EZ Drummer up and running too but i am annoyed it does not work as a standalone program but needs to be used through VST. For some reasons i can't play my own drum patterns on it either...

Should reinstall it. How is addictive drummer different? How different is the sound etc...can i use Drumkit from hell samples with it?

Which toneport are you going to get?
I don't like EZDrummer at all, the snare is the worst of it, and essential for a good drumkit. Also the rest of the kit is very mediocre, I'm talking about the drumkit from hell expansion now. Addictive drums is in my opinion much better. Better sounds, and they are a lot more tweakable.

I don't know what's up with the drum patterns. Know that it requires midi. Midi is the data, EZ/soundfont is the sound. So export the midi out of guitar pro. Through what program are you running EZ?

Which toneport are you going to get?
I don't like EZDrummer at all, the snare is the worst of it, and essential for a good drumkit. Also the rest of the kit is very mediocre, I'm talking about the drumkit from hell expansion now. Addictive drums is in my opinion much better. Better sounds, and they are a lot more tweakable.

I don't know what's up with the drum patterns. Know that it requires midi. Midi is the data, EZ/soundfont is the sound. So export the midi out of guitar pro. Through what program are you running EZ?

I used Adobe Audition 3. I am going to get the UX1. Well yeah the snare sounded a bit flat...not Lars-bad but flat still and the bass drums a bit weak too.

I used Adobe Audition 3. I am going to get the UX1. Well yeah the snare sounded a bit flat...not Lars-bad but flat still and the bass drums a bit weak too.

I have the GX (omg, I bought a line 6 product) and I think it's decent.
It just became my only recording equipment since the input of my soundcard seems (strangely) to be broken. The main sound presets are crap,though..

BTW: how do you guys make your backing tracks ? Do you use soundfonts or some kind of midi=>wav converters ?

Damn, the socket where I put my string in the Floyd (which I tighten with that block) is.. Acting strange.

I recently snapped a string, and ima put it back in, but it seems like someone took a shit in that socket.

I guess I have to change a whole set (I love doing so<3) and clean the whole thing with acid or something.

Damn, the socket where I put my string in the Floyd (which I tighten with that block) is.. Acting strange.

I recently snapped a string, and ima put it back in, but it seems like someone took a shit in that socket.

I guess I have to change a whole set (I love doing so<3) and clean the whole thing with acid or something.

Just guessing, but are you sure the block is there in the right way ? I had similar problems with my 7-string when it fell off.. Or it might just be too worn out..

Just guessing, but are you sure the block is there in the right way ? I had similar problems with my 7-string when it fell off.. Or it might just be too worn out..

Block is in right way, I know that.

It isn't the block, it's the socket. It's full of crap, so the block gets stuck in there, now I can't get it out:(