Guitar Player's Thread

Pђoenix;7807330 said:
I've broke a saddle before. It's one of the most depressing experiences ever.

It's even more depressing having something busted on in your electronics and not knowing what it is :erk: I am considering unscrewing my volume pot to get a better look.

Holy fucking shit! GET YOUR OWN FUCKING BAND NOW DUDE! You must go out there and do stuff, your compositions are fucking great! :kickass::kickasss::kickass:

+1 Everytime I hear one of his recordings I wish there was a complete album by him, he would absolutely be one of my favorite bands :worship:

^Agreed, although a collaboration may be too much for our brains and they'd explode with so much awesomeness :lol:

+1 Everytime I hear one of his recordings I wish there was a complete album by him, he would absolutely be one of my favorite bands :worship:

Same here.

Yeah!
Both Lowberg and Mitch needs to put an album each :p
NAO.
Do it!

Supported :kickass:

How did you guys go about learning how to tab things down?
I'm talking mainly when composing your own stuff.

Right now I am learning the notes on the fretboard. I have learned about time signatures and note values, but when playing something I can't really get the grip of what's what.

So what did you guys do to practice this, so I can quickly when having played something, write it into tabs in Guitar Pro

Notes value is very important. When I can't tab something, I usually divide each note into 16th notes and I count how long every note lasts. That's usually easier. You also have to feel that to recognize triplets. Tabbing stuff has a lot to do with feeling. I don't know if the song is in E minor or in C major or whatever. Just listen carefully to figure how high/low the note is and then try to make your guitar sound the same. At first it could take much time but don't be afraid. Don't tab by thinking. Listen to the song and feel it.
(Musical theory is maybe a plus)

Progress report:
P1011974.jpg

Powerboard and trafo connected, heater wires for the tubes connected. Star grounding has been done for a part and trafo voltages are checked.

Everything is going very smoothly :) nothing has gone wrong (besides a screw is missing) and all voltages are fine (untill now).

Dude, you're good at plaiting! :lol:

I got bored this afternoon and came up with some thrashy death riffs.
Take a listen!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7068069

Holy Batman, this rawks!

Pђoenix;7804378 said:
I just added my PG vids from Friday to youtube if anyone cares.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lanscor&view=videos

KICKASS man, and if you watch TCOCD, you can see my put my camera up before the solo! :heh:

Pђoenix;7807330 said:
I've broke a saddle before. It's one of the most depressing experiences ever.

I can imagine. My Ibanez is out of action atm because one of the posts that holds the bridge has snapped, so the bridge won't stay in place. A new set of two costs £30 & £20 P&P on Ebay!"£$%^&*(). No way am I paying £50 for two posts, one of which I don't even need.

Yeah!
Both Lowberg and Mitch needs to put an album each :p
NAO.
Do it!

You'd be waiting for mine as long as we've waited for Chinese Democracy. :lol:

Pђoenix;7807750 said:
Or a collaboration! Either would be awesome though. Both guys are extremely talented.

I hope you guys will enjoy the Forum Album song! :kickass:

Hey thanks for all the kind words about my recordings.
I get really bored living at school so I love to mess around recording on my free time. I actually am writing/recording a new song today maybe I'll post it later.

@StoneCold: Those paul gilbert picks look neat!

And Mitch, I'm going to be home from school all next week for break so I will able to lay down vocals for the forum album song. I have been waiting to do them at home because I would feel like an idiot recording screaming vocals in the dorm room here at school and everybody would probably think I'm a psycho or something :lol:

Line 6 pre-amp with different cab modeling.
The drum program is Addictive drums.
Plus some compression/limiting In cubase.

Glad you guys like it, I'll probably add more to the song today because I'm always bored living at school haha

You now have an own folder in my music directory. :headbang:

But some questions:
Do you use a preamp from the metal pack or a normal one?
Do you use impulses for the cab modeling?
Do you use a compressor for distorted guitars? (wtf?)
Do you use a limiter to make it all louder or does it have another function?
Do you know a good bass VST?

...Sorry :lol:

Paul Gilbert playing a Jaden Rose guitar:
[ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGFkwL9WWY&fmt=18[/ame]