Guitar Player's Thread

anyone up for another forum jammery?

MEMEME:O

I want my PC back first tho=O

Ok so guys, about the FR clamp/string block problem I had.

I just returned from my daily course, and took the bus to the city, and bought one.

It is a tiiiny bit larger (but fits perfectly), would this cause problems? I'm not sure.

Also, the prices are insaaane here:mad:

For one clamp/string block at thomann, 0,30 EUR.

..The one I bought costed me 1,7 EUR:erk:

DSC00121e.jpg

Do you use a preamp from the metal pack or a normal one?
Do you use impulses for the cab modeling?
Do you use a compressor for distorted guitars? (wtf?)
Do you use a limiter to make it all louder or does it have another function?
Do you know a good bass VST?

Yes its the Cali Diamond Plate Model (metalshop) with the tube screamer, heres the settings.
setting.jpg

I do use cab impulses. With a free zero-latency plug-in called keFIR

I usually do not compress the guitar, but sometimes if it gets a bit woofy I use Waves C4 plugin

For mastering and loudness I use Izotope Ozone on the master bus and it has compression, limiter, stereo widening, eq ect.

And I dont know of any bass VSTs unfortunatly :( I just went out and bought a used no-name fender imitation bass for 60 bucks and It sounds decent with the Line6 Modeling and Bass cab impulses.

Nice Paul Gilbert video!
I want guitar lessons from him!:kickass:

Yo dude Lowberg, that thrashy idea song, man wtf how do you do it?? Was insaaaaane!!

And do you have a hardware for that program or do you use a pro soundcard or how?

Do want.

At Daniel- sucks to be you man! BTW replace that EMG, I have decided that they suck as a company, their tone is really mediocre for such a well known and expensive brand, I opting to replace mine with Dimarzios in the classic petrucci and liitamatanien style with a Steve's special (B) and AIr Norton (N)
Passive pickups FTW

Yo dude Lowberg, that thrashy idea song, man wtf how do you do it?? Was insaaaaane!!

And do you have a hardware for that program or do you use a pro soundcard or how?

Line 6 UX2, costs like $140 and has two mic inputs with phantom power, and instrument inputs. Comes with line6 guitar/bass/vocal modeling software. USB Interface.

Awesome awesome awesome for the price.

IF you want cheaper, UX1 for $90 has one instrument and one mic input with no phantom power for the mic.

I think they are discontinuing the old red colored versions and making new black ones with a different looking software thats more expensive so pick up one now if you want before only the newer expensive ones are available.

^Yes, that's right.

HUGE thanks for the infos. I really like your attitude, that you don't keep your settings as a secret, that you even post a screenshot with the exact settings and all that.

Why do you have send 3/4 activated? Do you record dry tracks too everytime you record?

What? That's impossible, wait...

WELCOME TO NORWAY

Even worse for the UX2, which is 279.247 USD.

But if I order UX1 from Thomann it will be 98,- EUR.

I can record without any hardware tho on my main computer, but I think I will get a nicer tone out of one of those ports/hardwares.

^DO IT! Toneports are awesome...can't wait till monday so i can start recording again. I have plenty of riffs to get out of my head :lol:

Yes its the Cali Diamond Plate Model (metalshop) with the tube screamer, heres the settings.
setting.jpg

I do use cab impulses. With a free zero-latency plug-in called keFIR

I usually do not compress the guitar, but sometimes if it gets a bit woofy I use Waves C4 plugin

For mastering and loudness I use Izotope Ozone on the master bus and it has compression, limiter, stereo widening, eq ect.

And I dont know of any bass VSTs unfortunatly :( I just went out and bought a used no-name fender imitation bass for 60 bucks and It sounds decent with the Line6 Modeling and Bass cab impulses.

Nice Paul Gilbert video!
I want guitar lessons from him!:kickass:

Does the UX2 have more cab/amp models then? Never seen a MS-2001 amp model on the Gearbox i used :loco: Awesome that you posted that though. Going to try it although i found my tone already with the "Solo 100 head" amp modelling and a Marshall V-30 cabinet modeler.

Does the UX2 have more cab/amp models then? Never seen a MS-2001 amp model on the Gearbox i used :loco: Awesome that you posted that though. Going to try it although i found my tone already with the "Solo 100 head" amp modelling and a Marshall V-30 cabinet modeler.

No, this amp is contained in the Metal Pack, which is not free. You have to download it (and pay with a credit card).

Aaah okay. Just wondered. There is btw a new versino of Gearbox out that is the one that comes with the POD Studio. It is said to be alot more practical to use.