Guitar Player's Thread

^Yes, that's right.

HUGE thanks for the infos. I really like your attitude, that you don't keep your settings as a secret, that you even post a screenshot with the exact settings and all that.

Why do you have send 3/4 activated? Do you record dry tracks too everytime you record?

I do? lol Well I'm not recording the dry tracks. It messes up my computer when I have it set up for that. But I probably should in case I want to re-amp my tracks.

And Ensi I'm sorry its so expensive where you live :(

I guess the new Line6 software has it so you can record through two amps simultaneously and blend tones together, which is probably really awesome!

When I get paid for my course (in like one week), maybe i'll throw in a Thomann order with some nice stuff and one of those UX1/2's. Is there any difference in the software (UX1-UX2)? As in tone.

I don't need mic inputs and all that, only guitar and maybe bass.

Also how is this compared to Guitar Rig 3? It looks so fancy.

I think i once tried Guitar Rig with Toneport(Or was it amplitube???) Either way...it was fucking shit! Line 6 is the fucking WIN in this. It's not like you need more than 1 mic and 1 guitar/bass input either. You don't record the things simultaneously anyway :lol:

Yes and Phantom power for the microphone inputs. If you are going to use a condenser mic you need to have phantom power for the mic to work. You could always buy an external phantom power supply box though to put in between the mic and UX1 if you wanted.

The software for the UX1 and UX2 is the same.

I think i once tried Guitar Rig with Toneport(Or was it amplitube???) Either way...it was fucking shit! Line 6 is the fucking WIN in this. It's not like you need more than 1 mic and 1 guitar/bass input either. You don't record the things simultaneously anyway :lol:
Its nice to have more than one input, if you want to mess around recording drums or a band or something in stereo.

I can hook a bunch of drum mics up to my mixingboard if i wanted and record the stereo L and R outputs of the mixing board via the inputs on the UX2 and have a stereo recording. To work with.

Or one time i recorded my classical guitar ensemble with my UX2 with two condenser mics placed Left and Right of the group and got a nice stereo sound there

There are some more differences:

UX2 has 48V Phantompower for the Mic In - can be important!

UX2 has an S/PDIF Output

UX2 has a seperate volume poti for the headphones - comfortable!

UX2 has a VU-meter - I never use it

UX2 has inputs for a MIDI-Footswitch

UX2 has one more Line and Mic In

....I'll update my Gearbox in a minute.

^^ And I guess since Bodom clearly didn't put any effort into Blooddrunk, my downloading of their album was totally justified. The crime of theft is conditional you know.

I just didn't download it or buy it, seemed much easier. I just assumed it sucked and moved on. I've actually never even listened to it yet, to be perfectly honest :lol:

^^ And I guess since Bodom clearly didn't put any effort into Blooddrunk, my downloading of their album was totally justified. The crime of theft is conditional you know.

Oh wow aren't you moral.

I can't see through the massive amounts of sarcasm, you guys.

I have the Metalshop pack for my Podxt and no, you can't torrent the software cause you need license keys to activate them in the hardware.

Hmm okay. BUT U CAN CRAK IT LOL

How much is this "metalshop" pack for the Line 6 UX1/2?

jesus christ nyquill fucks you up, especially when you wake up before it's out of your system haha
I took some last night because I have trouble sleeping and I woke up at like 5am and everything in my room I touched felt massive and i had no idea what I was doing :lol:

Woah, new 7-string from Agile:

septor727tribalpurple1.jpg

septor727tribalpurple3.jpg

septor727tribalpurple5.jpg

I want.