Guitar Player's Thread

Next year I'm gonna study music production.
I got half a year to prepare myself as well as I can for the entry tests.

I don't know a lot about music production, just the basics. How would I get better in that? Do you guys know any good courses/tutorials or something? Help and tips would be much appreciated.

-get your self good monitors and start experimenting with sound.
-start tweaking the shit out of your equipment and analyze the result.
-try to get the same sounds and production of other people that you like with the equipment that you already got.

download and watch this free video
http://www.udma.com.ua/academy/index.php?path=ANDIVAX-MixingSecrets_Video_Tutorial/
(highly recommended to any musician in fact)
it covers guitars and metal very less, almost not. but it has ultimate tools and tips about sound and mix.

Me and my music teacher at school (called Mr. Jackson, owned a Jackson SL haha!) used to used a notation program and print me out stuff to learn for school.

He wanted us all to do a real version of Canon in D. A Canon is when you play a melodic passage, and then another instrument plays the exact same thing, starting a certain amount of bars later and everything is always in harmony etc. The Pachelbel one repeats like 4 times, all playing the same thing and he wrote it all out for guitar and printed it off for 4 people and I learnt it all but we never got to play it.

But then nearer Xmas, he also did the same thing for Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer and it had some basic chord progressions. I remember writing this really bad solo for it, trying to make it "shreddy" but I was shit back then, so it sounded like something simple like a Kirk Hammett solo, hehe.

I'm up for another jam. I want a decent sounding backing track, dont' care what style/genre it is. I just want people to actually fucking record something.

Count me in!

Christmas music jam!!!. Can we do it?!!!!??. I will make like a heavy metal jingle bells backing track and it will have solo sections!!!

Sounds cool!

I can also make an optimal klezmer section of the song for the jews

:lol:

-try to get the same sounds and production of other people that you like with the equipment that you already got.

http://www.udma.com.ua/academy/index.php?path=ANDIVAX-MixingSecrets_Video_Tutorial/
it covers guitars and metal very less, almost not. but it has ultimate tools and tips about sound and mix.

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind!:kickass:

HEY! Long time no see, where have you been?

@marfal66
you are welcome
@corny
have been around. working coming home and noticing that its the weekend again... experimenting with things like sound and doing other projects like carving my guitar etc... have been busy time passed by without me noticing.

I think his is the 87,
Is the ENGL E840/50 a good power amp? Anyone know a cheap place to buy it? (Roope and Alexi's tone on To Hell and Back fucking rocks)

I think the video speaks for itself.

Sorry my sucky playing. Can't play for shit...my fingers are totally shredded! :erk: The strings were so much thinner than the ones i normally use that they cut into my fingers. Tuning is E standard just some random riffing..i pretty much failed at many spots. Just the stock pickups V7 and V8 used.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aM5OIVSmo0

I think the video speaks for itself.

Sorry my sucky playing. Can't play for shit...my fingers are totally shredded! :erk: The strings were so much thinner than the ones i normally use that they cut into my fingers. Tuning is E standard just some random riffing..i pretty much failed at many spots. Just the stock pickups V7 and V8 used.

If the strings actually cut into your fingers, then something is wrong with your fingers.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUU.jpg