Guitar Player's Thread

There's a blue one too but I prefer the purple.
septor727tribalbluemn5.jpg

I think they'd look a hell of a lot classier with chrome or gold hardware though.

yeah, on all the recordings you've posted here. How much did you have to tweak it? Do you think the Metal Shop is really worth it? Like does it make it easier for you to find a good tone, or you gotta work just as hard as you do with the normal presets?

yeah, on all the recordings you've posted here. How much did you have to tweak it? Do you think the Metal Shop is really worth it? Like does it make it easier for you to find a good tone, or you gotta work just as hard as you do with the normal presets?

Didn't really tweak it at all actually, well - I don't use any of the non-metalshop tones so I would say it's worth it. I also just got the bass expansion for my pod so can record my own bass now aswell :p

Didn't really tweak it at all actually, well - I don't use any of the non-metalshop tones so I would say it's worth it. I also just got the bass expansion for my pod so can record my own bass now aswell :p

that's awesome! how much is the bass expansion? How do you like it so far?

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll get that metal shop thing. it's been almost a year now since I've had my pod, and I have only maybe 1 or 2 decent tones that I've tweaked out. I'm finding it kinda hard with the basic amps and cabs that they've given.

that's awesome! how much is the bass expansion? How do you like it so far?

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll get that metal shop thing. it's been almost a year now since I've had my pod, and I have only maybe 1 or 2 decent tones that I've tweaked out. I'm finding it kinda hard with the basic amps and cabs that they've given.

Bass was 99, metalshop 49... yeah it's quite nice, better than having to buy another seperate Bass pod for sure :p

Me and my music teacher at school (called Mr. Jackson, owned a Jackson SL haha!) used to used a notation program and print me out stuff to learn for school.

He wanted us all to do a real version of Canon in D. A Canon is when you play a melodic passage, and then another instrument plays the exact same thing, starting a certain amount of bars later and everything is always in harmony etc. The Pachelbel one repeats like 4 times, all playing the same thing and he wrote it all out for guitar and printed it off for 4 people and I learnt it all but we never got to play it.

But then nearer Xmas, he also did the same thing for Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer and it had some basic chord progressions. I remember writing this really bad solo for it, trying to make it "shreddy" but I was shit back then, so it sounded like something simple like a Kirk Hammett solo, hehe.

I'm up for another jam. I want a decent sounding backing track, dont' care what style/genre it is. I just want people to actually fucking record something.