Guitar Player's Thread

^ Definately! Paul is a great person. I uploaded The Gargoyle to youtube, hopefully viking kong should be done soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who won the Guitar Heroes album contest in Finland and got a solo on the album and got ot perform in Nosturi on the publishing party. You know...the thing where Alexi wrote Sioux City Sarsaparilla.

The setlist was the same as most of the shows already attended but I'll post it here anyway.

Hurry Up
Castle Dragon
SFBDR
Eudamonia Overture
Norwegian Cowbell
Scarified
Suite Modale
Gargoyle
I Cannot Tell A Lie
Jackhammer (drum solo)
Bronx
Burning Organ
Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy
Tech Diff

Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Redhouse
Viking Kong
Mr. Skin
Bliss
Long Live rock

Thank you for that, hopefully I'll figure which songs I filmed! :lol:
I've already uploaded [ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=BsvHyTDeisI]Eudaimonia Overture[/ame] [ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XcY0owUVs]Scarified[/ame]

I still have to upload "Down to Mexico + Bronx 1971".

Great review and beautiful pictures by the way! And for those who missed the pictures I posted from September 23rd, here's the link.

Hehe, thanks! :)

Except that I didn't get Viking Kong on video. :cry::cry::cry:

One more video to come then! I've filmed it and it's 07:09 long. I still have to figure 2 songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for those pics Mitch! I love the aesthetics of the reverse iceman! except the inlays could be a bit better, but still. it's a really sexy guitar.

Pђoenix;7799632 said:
^ Definately! Paul is a great person. I uploaded The Gargoyle to youtube, hopefully viking kong should be done soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oplFH9NTjtM
I'm so glad you got to meet him! he is indeed a very nice guy. He replies to the fans' emails and everything. So did you ask him any cool questions?
And thanks for the Gargoyle vid. easily one of my favorite PG songs!

The guy who won the Guitar Heroes album contest in Finland and got a solo on the album and got ot perform in Nosturi on the publishing party. You know...the thing where Alexi wrote Sioux City Sarsaparilla.
wait a min...Matias Kupianen did a solo in the song Sioux City Sarsaparilla? Could you tell me at what time he comes in?

Hey, this interesting idea came to my head just now:

Is anyone interested in doing a collaboration guitar cover video with me?

Would be cool.

one sec. let me fly over to Norway real quick :p
lol sorry that was lame. but what cover are you thinking of doing?

one sec. let me fly over to Norway real quick :p
lol sorry that was lame. but what cover are you thinking of doing?

Lol:p

Well, when I get my main PC back from repair, it would be cool to do a video.

I was thinking about .. .Well.. any song that requires 2 guitars, Bodom covers for example. Just that I can't do the solos :lol: Hate Me could be cool. :)

What style you guys into? When jamming with some improv riffs or whatever?

I usually come out with something thick and grindcore-esque.

Huge thanks for the review with great pics!!!! You make me feel ashamed because of my poor "Was great, sorry not pics" reports. ;)

I'm off to my hometown where the local Death Metal heroes play their farewell gig and I play a song with them on stage. First gig with short hair, whohoo.

Well, as long as you were there and had a good time, that's all that matters! :)

Pђoenix;7799369 said:
Good job I did then :D I'll upload what I got but I was to far back to get a decent resolution. Too bad you had to go man but hey. I stayed around after the show and touched Paul Gilbert :eek: :lol:

Haha, sweet! I'm glad for you, it seemed worth it. I met him last time he played at the Astoria 2 so I can understand what you feel. :kickass:

And today, I went to see Bullet For My Valentine with Lacuna Coil, Bleeding Through, Black Tide & Lawnmower Death as support acts. I took my mum with me because she's a bigger fan than I am and she loved it. She managed to stay up front with me for most of the show and then crowdsurfed out near the end. :kickass:

They played an amazing setlist with a mix of both The Poison & Scream, Aim, Fire and Hand Of Blood. Awesome news is, they're releasing a new DVD soon and tonight's performance will be it. :D I was headbanging like crazy during the intro of 'Waking The Demon' and the camera man was pointing straight at me, I pray to god that that's on the DVD. :lol:

Padge is a really good player. He doesn't shred like Gilbert, and I'm sure he probably can't, but his tone and touch was brilliant. I listened for the small things and he totally NAILED his bending intonation and vibrato.

Matt used his new Jackson Custom RR, which has a silver sparkle finish and black pinstripes. It's string-thru bridge type, double humbucker with tone and volume controls, 22 frets & reverse headstock. It was tuned to D standard. He then used a standard black RR1 for all the songs in Dropped C tuning and also a white RR with the same specs as the silver sparkle but this was tuned to Dropped C too.

My mum was completely shocked when I met her outside the arena after the show and showed her my drumstick that I caught straight from Moose. :oops: All the emo kids were like 'omgyougotabulletstickomg!!'

Here's a few pics of the night:

The dude from Black Tide has a 2 hum ESP SV:
166xljr.jpg

24lk3fs.jpg

The vocalist for Bleeding Through jumped down off the stage and up to the crowd, and even into the crowd at one point:
2dw68ex.jpg

20531x2.jpg

2gwwe9w.jpg

2v10juw.jpg

2dte6f.jpg

28ioupu.jpg

67oc3n.jpg

My BFMV drum stick, with a few guitar picks from Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen, Sam Totman & Ale (Eli's cousin):
24cwooy.jpg

m962bd.jpg

So these last two days have been really great. Didn't come back empty handed from either of them, it's been worth it.