Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah that's what i've been thinking. VHT seems to be the best and most reliable out there from what i hear and the ENGL E-530 has sounded awesome anywhere i have heard it! Both fairly low priced and available used. The ENGL i would probably get new but the VHT i would try to find used so to spare maximum amount of cash :) Does the VHT 2/50/2 also have the "inbuilt attentuator" that let's you switch it between 2 power levels?
Mm, if i remember correctly the VHT 2/50/2 doesnt have that switch, i know the VHT 2/90/2 has one. The 2/90/2 is a dual 90W poweramp with KT88 tubes instead of EL34's. Roope plays one.

Mm, if i remember correctly the VHT 2/50/2 doesnt have that switch, i know the VHT 2/90/2 has one. The 2/90/2 is a dual 90W poweramp with KT88 tubes instead of EL34's. Roope plays one.

Hmmm...yes. Shouldn't matter that much though. The only thing is that the 50 Watt will start to make the natural "tube distortion" sound faster than a 90 Watter so it won't have to be cranked as loud as the 90W version to sound good.

Hmmm...yes. Shouldn't matter that much though. The only thing is that the 50 Watt will start to make the natural "tube distortion" sound faster than a 90 Watter so it won't have to be cranked as loud as the 90W version to sound good.

I see someone has never played kt88's as they sound much different then 34's.

Well, EL34 are the standard marshall tube's which have that nice strong midrange. 6L6 tubes more low end and a bite in the high.
KT88 is about a tube between those two, it has a huge and tight low-end together with a very clear tone. And a shitload of headroom and dynamics (they say).

And 100w isn't twice as loud as 50w. I remembered that the volume increase of 50w to 100w was like 2/3 decibel.

Well, EL34 are the standard marshall tube's which have that nice strong midrange. 6L6 tubes more low end and a bite in the high.
KT88 is about a tube between those two, it has a huge and tight low-end together with a very clear tone. And a shitload of headroom and dynamics (they say).

And 100w isn't twice as loud as 50w. I remembered that the volume increase of 50w to 100w was like 2/3 decibel.

Yeah, that i know. I think the amp tech i saw said 3 decibel. But since the RMS is double higher that is actually pretty much higher. Don't know what RMS is the shortening for but i know it's the wattage which after the tubes will start distorting which on a tube amp should be good but on a transistor very very bad. So by my logic it's easier to get the 50 watts of tube power to sound good than the same respective amp that has 100 watts RMS.(Meaning that even if there is not much volume difference the 100 watter won't hit the sweet spot quite as early as the 50 watter) Am i right about this or am i talking horseshit?:lol: From what i have understood RMS is not the "total power output" but it is how much power it can go to WITHOUT distorting and that 50 Watts is more like 90 watts in total power.

Well so far my favorites have been EL34. The 6L6 was a bit dark in some way and not as articulate or crunchy(Tried Valveking and those have 6L6 i think). I think i kind of like the Marshall flair but i'm not all that much for Marshall amps though :p Would be interesting to try a amp with KT88s. I still think i'm going to set my aim for a VHT 2/50/2 it's the poweramp that should be quality and not annoyingly expensive! I think i can get one for a fair price used when i have some money.:kickass:

yay for nevermore and me going to wacken ;)

Corny I recall you saying you saw a cool glam rock band a few days ago. Is there a chance the were called My baby wants to eat your Pussy?
I saw them last night accidental because I wanted to see a friends band and they put out an awesome show.

Is there the possibility that I will crush my combo when I run the keyboard signal through the speakers?

:eek: Heilige Scheiße!!! A 27 FRET Xiphos! :eek: :hotjump:

the_absence258ccr.jpg

Wow, with a single coil aswell. It even looks like it has a solid color, that looks awesome!

What I hate though is that music that is just plain Technical Death Metal, pure and simple, is always being associated, or even referred to as "Deathcore" :erk: Fuck that gayass shit.

Corny I recall you saying you saw a cool glam rock band a few days ago. Is there a chance the were called My baby wants to eat your Pussy?
I saw them last night accidental because I wanted to see a friends band and they put out an awesome show.
Exactly. They come to Cologne next week, but I'm broke. :(
Pђoenix;7791476 said:
:eek: Heilige Scheiße!!! A 27 FRET Xiphos! :eek: :hotjump:

the_absence258ccr.jpg
Awesome. And haha, heilige Scheiße.
Speaking of xiphos'

NAMM-DAY-THREE----16.gif

I always hated that artwork. :ill:

What I hate though is that music that is just plain Technical Death Metal, pure and simple, is always being associated, or even referred to as "Deathcore" :erk: Fuck that gayass shit.

In all honestly, i see where that is coming. Listened to some song by them and the breakdowns(But no fucking 'bree' or annoying shit so calling them deathcore for the breakdowns is a bit harsh) are pretty obvious. Wouldn't class them as "deathcore" though. What your problem is that you have the opinion of deathcore as gay and you liking that band would conflict that, am i right?:lol: That being said, i don't like deathcore either.

Deathcore = Job For a Cowboy, Bring Me the Horizon etc etc etc, in otherwords "gayass shit".

Deathcore =/= Arsis, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth etc etc etc, in otherwords "not gayass shit".