Guitar Player's Thread

I never understood why people who bought explorers then swapped out the gibson pickups for EMG's, from experience the stocks sound much better. I do however like the tone of my SV and that has a pair of 81's, but come to think of it the clean tone isn't brilliant.

Yeah, they do fit very good for some type of woods, and some people like the tone.

'Sup people.

I just wrote up a GP4 file of blues stuff after watching and following section 2 of Paul Gilbert's "Guitar From Mars 2".I did it so I could hopefully get some ideas about what kinda stuff he thinks of when he's improvising and choosing his licks over blues chord progressions so I could play some more interesting licks in my solo for the forum jam, instead of just playing licks in Gmin as fast as possible. Hopefully, it'll help some of you guys too.

The first half is in A where the progression would be A7, D7 & E7. The second half starts at the E7 arpeggios which is in the key of E but those would obviously work over the E7 chord in an A based progression.

If you wanna play this kinda stuff over the backing track for the forum jam, just play it all a whole step lower in G. Enjoy.

Paul Gilbert - The Theory Of Blues

Kewl stuff, i've had abit of trouble with blues jam, either it's normal scales up and down or penta's and "blues bends", so some new ideas are awesome.

Exactly. I'm definitely going to give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I was going to spend today sorting out my solo but my fucking family were down here and I can't concentrate with them making noise 'n' shit.

Anyway...

Once again, HERE is Michael Angelo Batio's new album, Hands Without Shadows.

HERE is a Lamb of God bootleg, recorded live at the Moslon Amphitheatre, Toronto, Canada on the Gigantour (25th Aug 2006).

And HERE is a little COB medley with just Alexi's guitar, all taken from the live TOKYO WARHEARTS album. The "track list" is:

01. Silent Night, Bodom Night intro
02. Silent Night, Bodom Night interlude
03. Silent Night, Bodom Night solo
04. Lake Bodom intro
05. Lake Bodom interlude
06. Lake Bodom solo
07. Hatebreeder verse
08. Hatebreeder pre-verse
09. Hatebreeder solos

There's times where you can still hear Alexander's guitar because the guitars weren't panned that far apart in the overall mix but it's still really cool. Enjoy.

Ny guitar Has an EMG 60, I like it but only on an amp with bottom end cause its very trebly. But the clean sucks asss but I dont care cause the guitar is in B.:p

That seems like an interesting thread. What's going on in here usually? I'm too lazy to read it all :D.

Thanks for those uploads Mitch!

Anything and everything guitar related, basically. IF you have a problem or need help or anything, ask here. Ask or upload tabs, ask or upload for albums, post recordings, backing tracks, guitar pics, guitar picks...etc.

Alexi´s tone one Tokyo Warhearts is incredible good IMO, atleast when you compare to his tone now.

I agree.

I've written my solo but I can't record it right now 'cause the jack on my cable is broken and I have to repair it:mad: I a day or two I will send it.

Whenever you're ready dude. I probably won't get it done until at least Wednesday or Thursday or something either.

I don't know why I keep posting crap but I'm going to anyway. Here's an Emaj7 arpeggio that's played with sweep picking, slides, hammer ons, pull offs and tapping.

Here's the arpeggio "played" in 16ths. This is how I was practising it earlier to make it easier to count.

2vl04qo.jpg

Here's the same thing but phrased with quintuplets in 4/4. You'd probably try and play it like this if you wanted to play it in this time signature but it'd probably feel a bit weird to most people playing it in groups of 5.

2guay2s.jpg

And here's a GP4 of this arpeggio in a musical context. It's Paul Gilbert's solo in the Racer X song, Gone Too Far.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dlf1po

That way is harder than how i usually play maj7 arpeggios.
Is that the way Bruce/Paul play them?

This is how i learned them atleast

arpkx4.jpg