Guitar Player's Thread

Guitar playing is supposed to be fun, if it's not fun you don't get motivated to do anything, and what's the point in just throwing something together for the sake of it?

Exactly.

I'm suprised I even chose a blues BT because as I keep saying, I suck at playing over that style and making it sound cool but what's done is done.

I still haven't even started "writing" it yet. :erk:

^She's really cute, and quite good aswell, although, she has alot of effects on, so that's why it sound better than it is.

3 octave. :p

And yeah, she's good.

I didn't look at the vid, i've seen all of her vids though, and she did a 4 octave arpeggio on that one, so i though this on was the same. She's very original though.

how long did it take you guys to master sweeping? and if your still learning, how long have you been doing it?

Depends on what you mean with mastered, the only guy who's really mastered sweeping that i know of is Gambale. But then there's the "normal sweepers" like Muhammed Suicmez, Rusty Cooley who also are awesome.

I only really started taking guitar seriously a few months ago :rofl: the rest of the time I was just casually learning stuff.

But "mastering sweeping" depends on the difficulty of the arpeggio. There could be someone who is amazing at sweeping but then when they see some crazy sweep they've never done before its like "oh fuck".

I didn't look at the vid, i've seen all of her vids though, and she did a 4 octave arpeggio on that one, so i though this on was the same. She's very original though.

I've only seen 2, can't remember the other one though.

This one was 5th fret, low E to 17th fret, high E...Aadd9.

I think I'll watch the other ones too.

the emptifier said:
how long did it take you guys to master sweeping? and if your still learning, how long have you been doing it?

It'd take a good 5+ years to MASTER sweep picking. See Michael Angelo, Michael Romeo, Jason Becker, Muhammed Suicmez for examples...all been doing it longer than 5 years for sure.

I'm not good at it anymore but I could sweep evenly at around 90bpm after 6 weeks of GOOD practise but that was about a year after I'd learnt it and about 3 years after I started playing.