Guitar Player's Thread

Ok I just got back from the guitar store. Sadly they didn't have any xiphos' in stock and won't do for another few weeks or so, but I did manage to get my hands on the RR24. Excited as I was, it was a slight dissapointment. Close up the craftsmenship was quite shoddy but from a metre back it looked stunning. Playability was pretty good, it had a nice neck, great fretboard and a perfect action, although it the body is pretty much tiny :lol: and felt weird. To be honest it didn't sound too bad, distorted anyway; the clean tone was a bit fucked but that may have been the amp. Overall I'd say this guitar is more about the looks and the 24frets, but personally I think you'd be better off with an RR3 with some EMG's wacked in.

and on youtube theres a guy who owns a Black SV that plays the Winter Madness solo immensly well.

Hey guys, I've always have been interested in the guitar, and now I wanna learn how to play it XD, do you have some advices for me guys :S, and of course I will start with a classic guitar :).

first thing you gotta do is "learn" the actual parts of the guitar. get familiar with it. after that grab a guitar book from the library or whatever and start with some simple chords, dont go to fast. your fingers may hurt after a while but your skin has to toughen up. once your familiar with some basic chords (e,a, d, g, c) the basic 5. then try switching between chords, like i said not to fast. are you actually going to be playing classical?

hmm ok, classical is a bit harder. but i played it all summer so i think i can help. first of all you obviously wanna start with something easy. i dont know what....look it over, and try to play it slowyly. you have to play it fingerstyle so thats where people mess up. its kinda hard but you can do it if you practice a lot. im not sure if theres a specific way to finger it? i dont know if fingers are supposed to be on certain strings.

I did manage to get my hands on the RR24. Excited as I was, it was a slight dissapointment. Close up the craftsmenship was quite shoddy but from a metre back it looked stunning. Playability was pretty good, it had a nice neck, great fretboard and a perfect action, although it the body is pretty much tiny :lol: and felt weird. To be honest it didn't sound too bad, distorted anyway; the clean tone was a bit fucked but that may have been the amp. Overall I'd say this guitar is more about the looks and the 24frets, but personally I think you'd be better off with an RR3 with some EMG's wacked in.

Bwah.. I was looking forward to buying the RR24.. But it's getting lots of negative feedback :erk: I guess I'll just save up for an ESP SV or something.. Maybe an Edwards.. o_O

Hey Justin, congrats man! I was nearly going to buy it (before it was on ebay), but I decided to buy an amp. :) How does she play? Do you have any pics of your gear?

By the way, I just got my Engl Screamer.

First off.. THANK YOU for not buying it :p and it is AWESOME in everyway, it's plays really really smooth, sounds awesome and as you know looks great. Definately a keeper. I hope I can afford an ENGL Fireball soon, the combination of the 2 would melt people's faces right off :D

and here's my geetarz:
http://underdestruction.dmusic.com/pictures

congrats on the Screamer ;)