Guitar Player's Thread

It was hardly perfect though. Anyone could play through it after you've learnt it and play it sloppy, check youtube...

this is the extent of my 3-string sweeping skills....not so great. i wanna hear your comments on it.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/the_emptier/?action=view&current=S4020564.flv

another vid, i screwed up on the sweeps and went to fast, notice the excess buzzing when i do it that fast? i know a lot of people that think that there awesome when they do it that fast but they dont. im trying to work on going that fast and cutting the extra noises

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/the_emptier/?action=view&current=S4020560.flv

im trying to work on going that fast and cutting the extra noises

Or stop playing that fast and start slower and always make sure it's clean?

Can you tab out or explain your picking directions for each of the 6 notes? It looks really awkward.

this is the extent of my 3-string sweeping skills....not so great. i wanna hear your comments on it.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/the_emptier/?action=view&current=S4020564.flv

another vid, i screwed up on the sweeps and went to fast, notice the excess buzzing when i do it that fast? i know a lot of people that think that there awesome when they do it that fast but they dont. im trying to work on going that fast and cutting the extra noises

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/the_emptier/?action=view&current=S4020560.flv

Try playing without so much distortion sometimes, and it looked as if you were picking with from your elbow aswell?

"Or stop playing that fast and start slower and always make sure it's clean?"

i did that on the first one, or at least i hope i did.

erm...up, pull off, up, down, down, down, up, pull off, etc. etc. etc.

yeah i guess it is the elbow, i dont get how to pick with the wrist...

"Or stop playing that fast and start slower and always make sure it's clean?"

i did that on the first one, or at least i hope i did.

erm...up, pull off, up, down, down, down, up, pull off, etc. etc. etc.

yeah i guess it is the elbow, i dont get how to pick with the wrist...

Hmm, that's how I do it too but you look like you're moving too much.

Your picking hand. It should move a little smoother.

Check it:

cobgif1cs1.gif
cobgif2fg0.gif
cobgif4lx5.gif

mitchflash1ch3.gif
mitchflash2ip2.gif

holy jesus, i just watched all of Epi's youtube vids...and i really just want to stop playing guitar after that. I also just came back from my band class thing and we were jamming and i wasnt really feelin it and then he grabbed my guitar and just started doing the most craziest shit i never thought could come out of that shit ass guitar, 6-string sweeps, fucking crazy ass fast licks. fuck i hate myself.

ooh ok..that's a pretty cool group to be in. but i wonder how many people in there play guitar? lol

and yeah, i can't wait for that tour either. i've been checking the necrophagist page a lot recently, and in case you didn't know, they have a new drummer- Marco Minnemann. he's a really awesome and diverse drummer. their show is gonna be sic :headbang:

NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO i was Hannes damnit! fuck fuck fuck. ooo they play all of epitaph FUCK fuck FUCK dude Hannes, was such a fucking beast though...why????? and whos the other guitarist? but the show will be awesome, im very happy for them to be headlining there own major tour, especially in US

oh and theres 4 guitarists other then the teacher in it, 2 drummers and 1 bass

well I just got my ESP SV-NT BMF and it's AWESOME :D

And I thought I'd just give the BT a go and recorded some improvising over it, its not perfect but good enough for a jam and it does have some fast stuff that might not be entirely "bluesy" but I blame the guitar, hard not to shred on a guitar like this :p

PM sent :)

Hey Justin, congrats man! I was nearly going to buy it (before it was on ebay), but I decided to buy an amp. :) How does she play? Do you have any pics of your gear?

By the way, I just got my Engl Screamer.