Guitar Player's Thread

It's hard for me not to open this Paul Gilbert File. It's probably much cooler than my bluesy idea, but I want to penetrate you with all my deficiencies :p

I wanted to play 2 parts, and I like the first part, but I just can't find a cool 2nd part....we'll see...

Plus I have the feeling that the number of users who actually record something will be ca. 5 :lol:

There's nothing wrong with having a look at that tab if you need help on scales. Stuff like this is really hard to improv well over so we all need as much help as we can get. :D

And I was going to record mine last night but I suck so I gave up. Maybe soon...

Okay so if you're like me and you suck at improv and you can't think of anything cool on the spot while jamming over the G Blues backing track, I've tabbed it out so you can write your solo out in GP4 so then you'll know for sure what you're playing.

I know it probably goes against the fun in improv, jamming and blues but I really don't give a shit. I'd much rather put something down that I'm proud of instead of hating it and not wanting anyone to hear it because I messed up loads and hit loads of bad notes or something.

Here's the tab:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ix41bp

I don't even like blues, so i don't mind :erk:

I can't think of anything, no matter how i try, the solo ends up sound like a typical boring blues solo.

Actually I'm finding it extremely hard to think of anything creative but thats probably my lack of imagination :lol:. It would've kicked ass if we played over the rythm for passage the reaper demo #2 and it would be CoB related in some way but hey I'd probably still suck at that.

Actually I'm finding it extremely hard to think of anything creative but thats probably my lack of imagination :lol:. It would've kicked ass if we played over the rythm for passage the reaper demo #2 and it would be CoB related in some way but hey I'd probably still suck at that.

Good idea dude, maybe we'll do that after if this goes well!!! I love that rhythm part.

inhe said:
I don't even like blues, so i don't mind

I can't think of anything, no matter how i try, the solo ends up sound like a typical boring blues solo.

Yeah me too. It's really hard to come up with a melody that actually fits and sounds good.

Epi said:
Is there any other kind? :lol: [/jk]

:lol:

It would've kicked ass if we played over the rythm for passage the reaper demo #2 and it would be CoB related in some way but hey I'd probably still suck at that.

I actually was planning to put up a jam over that track after I finished making the BT for it. I think we should do it after this, yeah. :)

Oh right cool. Well ok then, that's the next one after this. :D

Let's hurry up and get this blues one done so we can shred with minor scales. :lol:

you guys complain too much. just get it over with, and if it sounds too "bluesy" big fuckin deal. its SUPPOSED to be a blues song. mine doesn't sound like anything great, but it fits so i left it. you'll improve on improvisation as you do it more often, and get more of a feel for it.

Okay so if you're like me and you suck at improv and you can't think of anything cool on the spot while jamming over the G Blues backing track, I've tabbed it out so you can write your solo out in GP4 so then you'll know for sure what you're playing.

I know it probably goes against the fun in improv, jamming and blues but I really don't give a shit. I'd much rather put something down that I'm proud of instead of hating it and not wanting anyone to hear it because I messed up loads and hit loads of bad notes or something.

Here's the tab:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ix41bp

aww mannnn....i wish this was up like one week ago

you guys complain too much. just get it over with, and if it sounds too "bluesy" big fuckin deal. its SUPPOSED to be a blues song. mine doesn't sound like anything great, but it fits so i left it. you'll improve on improvisation as you do it more often, and get more of a feel for it.

aww mannnn....i wish this was up like one week ago

Guitar playing is supposed to be fun, if it's not fun you don't get motivated to do anything, and what's the point in just throwing something together for the sake of it?