Guitar Player's Thread

Here's a new Lamb Of God song if anyone's interested:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8qnjgz

Downloaded, thanks!

I got the "Get out of my yard" album for Christmas, it was sealed and now I've opened it and here's what is in...

dsc02776na3.jpg

Is it a joke from Paul Gilbert? I can't run it in my computer! The CD has a lot of scratches on it and looks like a fake, as if I could break it easily. It looks like I got owned...

Shit man, looks like someone put a promotional copy in there instead of the real one. I'm sure Paul wouldn't have that printed on his real CDs.

wtf...it even says "not for sale" on it... have you tried playing it on an actual cd player and not only your computer?

if it still doesn't work, you should write to Paul about this, he answers his emails, so why not.

I've tried to run it in a CD player, there's only one track but nothing on it. I've written to Paul and sent him the picture. I'll now listen to "Silence follow by a deafening roar" then!

EDIT: Mitch, if you want it for your collection, let me know! :lol:

Downloaded, thanks!

I got the "Get out of my yard" album for Christmas, it was sealed and now I've opened it and here's what is in...

dsc02776na3.jpg

Is it a joke from Paul Gilbert? I can't run it in my computer! The CD has a lot of scratches on it and looks like a fake, as if I could break it easily. It looks like I got owned...

I'm not that educated when it comes to Paul Gilbert... but is it supposed to say "Guitar Instumental Album" on the side, all misspelled and whatnot? :lol:

My drummer is really modest about his playing but he finally made a video and put it on youtube. One of the things I love about him is that he can listen to a song pretty much only once and can learn and memorize it by ear, even little nuances and fills. I remember one time, although he isn't a super big bodom fan, I was like "hey do you know this bodom song?" and hes like "ehhh yeah i sort of know how it goes" and then he like flew through it exactly like it is on album haha

So he made a video of himself playing This Calling by All That Remains for the first time on drums haha, kid is ridiculous

Can't hear the kicks too well though :(
(super epic double bass at 2:00 though haha)

I think we found a name for our band, still checking on it though.
We are recording guitars in 2 weeks :kickass::kickass:
I'm pumped

Last edited by a moderator:
lol you get matias' preset and call it ensi, good job:lol:

:lol: I just told him a bunch of EQ settings he should dial in and "put this higher if you want this blalalblalbla" :lol: It didn't work with the sending of the presets.

Noes, I actually increased the presence, highs and mic placement (set it closer), and lowered the bass:lol: The cab is not the one he uses also:)

Actually...i do use that cab sometimes aswell! The presence i don't have that high but might increase it depending on the song im doing and the bass is higher on rhytm and lower on leads for me although now i i've just been running the same preset and not giving a flying fuck :lol:

:lol: I just told him a bunch of EQ settings he should dial in and "put this higher if you want this blalalblalbla" :lol: It didn't work with the sending of the presets.

Actually...i do use that cab sometimes aswell! The presence i don't have that high but might increase it depending on the song im doing and the bass is higher on rhytm and lower on leads for me although now i i've just been running the same preset and not giving a flying fuck :lol:

Well yes you did, but I already knew SO HAHA TOLKKI #2

Whatever, I didn't copy you, you just helped me getting a good basic tone, and I tweaked it to my own preferences:D