Guitar Player's Thread

oh snap

img1230400924080.jpg

Well yes you did, but I already knew SO HAHA TOLKKI #2

Whatever, I didn't copy you, you just helped me getting a good basic tone, and I tweaked it to my own preferences:D

That was my point! And yeah that's what i was trying to do too. It can be a bit of a challenge to find a good tone when you got like 25 amp models/cab models and so many stompbox simulations to choose between and then ofcourse the micing settings and microphones.

That was my point! And yeah that's what i was trying to do too. It can be a bit of a challenge to find a good tone when you got like 25 amp models/cab models and so many stompbox simulations to choose between and then ofcourse the micing settings and microphones.

The mics REALLY make a difference.

Srsly.

I fucking HATE the lo pro edge tremolo on my guitar. Doesn't stay in tune and adjusting it takes ages. Why the fuck do they design it to have the screws that are used to adjust the spring tension go into the wood of the guitar? Saying that, I fucked up. So... does anyone know if wood filler would work for screw holes :lol:

Why don't all guitars with a tremolo system have something like this in the cavity? I know most guitars have the crews go into the guitar but meh.

ib500000.gif

What else should they do?:lol:

No matter how you think of it, something will always be screwed into or glued into the wood of the guitar.

Unless you are Herman Ri.

They should do like in his pic ffs, did you completely ignore that part :lol:? It would make it easier to set up the guitar :p

It also makes the whole thing less sturdy, more prone to failure and decreases tuning stability. Not in a 'perfect' instrument, but see, assembly lines and stuff.

They should do like in his pic ffs, did you completely ignore that part :lol:? It would make it easier to set up the guitar :p

See this:

No matter how you think of it, something will always be screwed into or glued into the wood of the guitar.

It also makes the whole thing less sturdy, more prone to failure and decreases tuning stability. Not in a 'perfect' instrument, but see, assembly lines and stuff.

Yup:)

How does using more bolts into the actual body, and removing the part where you grind inn and out of wood, with parts of steel make it more prone to failiure and decreasing tuning stability?

Being attached to the wood isnt the bad part ffs, its just how its done, just 2 screws at random angle into the body? This is way better then something you'll lock into the whole cavity and replace wood screws with machined parts made for the purpose of adjusting the spring tention, ofcourse its gonna be worse. I mean come on, who cares about logic.

Because there are more moving parts. There's nothing wrong with simplicity, actually, you're usually much better off going simple. Which bridge is more tuning-stable, kahlers or floyd roses? Kinda explains my point. Floyd rose is just a block of metal where you lock the strings on, and moves as a whole. Kahlers have a cylinder where you lock things up and rollers where the strings rub the most. Moving parts. Bad.

I see that mechanism in the picture and I see lots of things going wrong with the slightest manufacturing defect. Also, that block on the screw seems like a bad way to do things. Not sturdy enough. The concept seems good, but that design, in particular, hasn't convinced me.