Guitar Player's Thread

Pђoenix;7929027 said:
RG3550MZ GW
RG3550MZ_GW.jpg

*3550MZ also available in ROM (Roadster Orange Metallic)

THIS WILL BE MINE.

I hope my guitar works by the end of the day.

:(

I hope so too! :(

Also:

182259.jpg

182307.jpg

:oops:

It still has a SHITLOAD of scratches:erk: I used the Dunlop Caranuba wax on the picture. I'm gonna try to use it again, but this time I will warm the wax, so it gets thinner so it can go down the scratches and fill em up:)

At least that was what my uncle suggested:lol:

When playing with your pinky, do you fret the notes with the tip or with the pad? I'm asking this because I'm analyzing my play (I've discovered a lot of things today) and when fretting a note with my pinky, I always fret with the pad.

THIS WILL BE MINE.

I kinda got the same "I WANT THIS" feeling too but i think i will try to get my hands on a nice White Flying V...preferably Edwards since the Gibsons i've tried really has not shined with their "amazing USA quality" as much as people say they do:rolleyes:

A former bandmate has Gibson Faded LP and i thought it was just so mediocre for the price that it was awful! I've tried some Studio Gibsons and such but nothing has really pleased me.

I hope so too! :(

Also:

182259.jpg

182307.jpg

:oops:

It still has a SHITLOAD of scratches:erk: I used the Dunlop Caranuba wax on the picture. I'm gonna try to use it again, but this time I will warm the wax, so it gets thinner so it can go down the scratches and fill em up:)

At least that was what my uncle suggested:lol:

It took me a min to realize that was a reflection in the second picture, I was like "what the fuck am I looking at a computer screen for?" hahaha

Shit looks good!

When playing with your pinky, do you fret the notes with the tip or with the pad? I'm asking this because I'm analyzing my play (I've discovered a lot of things today) and when fretting a note with my pinky, I always fret with the pad.

Yup, the pad. I don't think the tone would be the same if you fretted with the tip, not to mention it would be quite uncomfortable.
Speaking of discovering things, I just noticed how much the pick you use can really effect your tone. I tend to like the carbon nylon material over the plastic-y picks like the jazz III. the tone is somewhat smoother. the plastic ones give off a muddy feel.

(oh and I got your pm, you are now added :))

Question: Is it hard for most of you to play 16th notes at about 150 bpm?

What's the fastest bpm you can play 16th notes? (And I don't mean just tremelo picking, but like scales in 16th notes)

I don't really know what are 16th notes, so if you could post a sample GP screenshot for me it'd be great :) (yes, I'm a nerd when it comes to terms :lol:)

I'm thinking of doing Blood On Your Hand, but I have no idea how to do the intro, is it pick, pulloff,pick,pulloff etcetc?

Go go! I tried that one some time ago, it drove me nuts :lol:

I think it's one of the new 2009 models, so I don't think anyone in here has tried it.

I don't really know what are 16th notes, so if you could post a sample GP screenshot for me it'd be great :) (yes, I'm a nerd when it comes to terms :lol:)

16th notes are 4 notes per beat, or 16 notes per bar in 4/4.

To get a picture of it, most of alexi's solos when he's doing fast alternate picking are around the 180-185 bpm area.