Guitar Player's Thread

Each one is to turn the pickup on or off that's why there is 3.
I'm a bit more familiar with jackson guitars as you might know.
This is common among strats and soloist that I have seen.

I don't really understand. I just assumed it is a standard 2 volumes 1 tone know+pickup selector+boost.

Only switch like that i have seen on a DK2 with the sustainiac pickup.

My guess for the knobs,since its a strat,1 vol 2 tones. And like I said each switch turns the corresponding pickup on or off instead of having to deal with a five way switch.No boost here.

Eh,I wouldn't rule anything out I'm just saying from what I mostly see.I have never played a USA jackson though I really want to play one and own one. I can't wait to get a better look at it though and uncover this what seems to be a mystery.

Eh,I wouldn't rule anything out I'm just saying from what I mostly see.I have never played a USA jackson though I really want to play one and own one. I can't wait to get a better look at it though and uncover this what seems to be a mystery.

Too bad i didn't tets it with amp and play around with switches. I played the Jackson USA strat at a store. It was used ofcourse....kinda nice to play too. Wasn't that pricey either.

This is exactly the same type of argument for every type of technique on guitar. One person states that his technique is better, because he's too lazy to practice it in a new way, and thus defends it as if it's a legit technique.

Another example of this is the pinky; many people are so lazy that they just learn to play most things with their third finger, while saying that it's ok because Yngwie does it. Yeah, he does, but he can never do alot of the stuff that PG does, because of his extensive use of the pinky. Yngwie has his own style of playing, and it works for him, as should your vibrato. If you're happy with how it's sounding, then go for it, but there's a reason people think Yngwie has the best vibrato.

No. It IS a legit technique. And I state that as a proud wrist vibratoer :p

i recorded three covers yesterday after finally getting a nice camera. master of puppets by metallica and she-wolf and in my darkest hour by megadeth. its been almost a year since my last cover which was bark at the moon (which is very popular on youtube though) so im glad i can finally put up some new shit

she-wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrgqo9Eygks&feature=channel_page

master of puppets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2On0IVL16w&feature=channel_page

in my darkest hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-q2-OIi6-4&feature=channel_page
Good job, didn't listen to MoP though. :p
I like that you pose while you play.

Thanks man!

I can't describe how much I want this, mid 80's custom fucking Jackson with possible active electronics and Jackson original pickup. All USA made!

I mean, who the fuck leaves that piece of soul and forgets about it for 3 years?:erk: I really hope this guy is an cheap asshole. Alot of screws and other parts were missing, even the strings, and the cost for getting all those items + repair + string change + strings + the actual work.

If he still decides to get it back, I'll give it the best polish and string change I have ever done.