Guitar Player's Thread

I Have a question for you long time guitar players. I have played guitar for about 3 years now, and im starting to think i may have Dystonia Focal? My hands can't stay open, and when i hold them open 3'rd finger shakes like bloody hell, i'd just like to ask i anybody has any knowledge of this symptom and so on? :D

TITS

Now that I have your attention, please read.

While I was at work today I found out that we had an old Jackson in the basement (where we keep our products that are not out for display).

It's from a customer who wanted it repaired and get new strings changed.
It has been there for about 2-3 years Ole Morten said (my main co-worker), and the dude hasn't even called or stopped by the shop to pick it up!

I asume it's from the early 90's and very possibly the 80's (also USA made). THAT'S why I am very interested, maybe it has a J-50BC in it (yes I know i'm an alexifaggot) and I know for a fact Jackson used to be much better before the Fender thing. I didn't have time to gut up the guitar and check the pickup tho.

Pics (sorry for blurry ones):

DSC00174.jpg

Now, what i'm really hoping for is that the owner doesn't give a fucking crap about it, and I can buy it, would be so awesome.

Pray for me that he doesn't give a shit, please:lol:

Praying is for the weak. and what if this guy suddenly shows up to the pick up his guitar and it turns out that you have it? :lol: would you give it back?

I seriously don't know what the fuck the switches are:lol: Maybe killswitches for every pickup?:lol: I don't know alot about knobs/switches when it comes to guitars.

It's a standard Charvel Model 4 from with a special paint. But it's a jackson :S So that will probably a custom shop.

The 3 dipswitches are to turn pickups on or off.
It either has a JE1200 or JE1000.
The control's are:
Volume
Tone
Tone (boost)

Im seriously wondering if its a JE1000 or a JE1200. Maybe if you take a picture of the cavity.
And take a look at the serial number.

I think I'm gonna go for a JCM 800-900 in a year or so. I love it (them)!
Hell yeah. The JCM800 is awesome. I dont really like the 900.

Praying is for the weak. and what if this guy suddenly shows up to the pick up his guitar and it turns out that you have it? :lol: would you give it back?

Ah shit:lol: Well I technically don't have it. It's in the storage room where I work. Just hoping be doesn't want it or he died.

you tell him changing strings on jacksons take forever

"floyd rose are HELL I TELL YOU, HELL!!!"

"store policy is that after 3 years guitars are non returnable to the customer..."or make something up like that...

Haha, well, it might actually be something like that in Norway, I dunno, ima check if I can:)

It's a standard Charvel Model 4 from with a special paint. But it's a jackson :S So that will probably a custom shop.

The 3 dipswitches are to turn pickups on or off.
It either has a JE1200 or JE1000.
The control's are:
Volume
Tone
Tone (boost)

Im seriously wondering if its a JE1000 or a JE1200. Maybe if you take a picture of the cavity.
And take a look at the serial number.

I took a peak into the cavity early today, but I didn't look at the serial.

As Steve said to me on MSN:

"If it has a trimpot (where you adjust the gain) it is a JE-1000, if not, JE-1200"

It had no trimpot, sorrily. It was right under one of the switches. I can't remember, but what was the difference between the JE-1.2k and the JE-1k?

I can upload pictures of the cavity when I get home, but it's fucking blurry, so I don't know if it's any useful. It also said Jackson Electronics on the plate.

Also, I have 30 minutes left to work, so if I should check the serial or any other stuff, let me know withing 30 mins of this post!

Probably a JE1200.

The JE1200 is a midboost. It can boost up to 20db at 650hz. Making your guitar sound very clear (and stick out the mix).
The JE1000 is just a gainboost with a couple of filters, and it adjust the resonance frequency of your pickup.

je1000_2.jpg

The JE1000 can be recognized by the 3 (or 4) dipswitches on it. And the trimpot

P1011638.jpg

And the JE1200 can be recognized by the "black chip with letters on it" .

So watch for a black chip(JE1200), or for the dipswitches (JE1000).

I'm absolutely sure it's a JE-1200, look!

P1011638.jpg

and in the cavity of the Jackson (sorry for blurriness, it's my cameraphone):

DSC00183.jpg

Look, everything is there, the black chip, that thing to the left and right of it, even the wires are the same colour.

Also, if to any help, the cavity:

DSC00180.jpg

But wat if i want omglaeksi tone:( DOESNT I HAS NEED TO HAVE JETHOUSAND?

EDIT: I also looked at the serial, it was ingraved on a silver'ish neckplate at the neck joint of the bolt-on.

It said "4820". It also said San Dimas CA USA or something like that.

yeah, Ensi - if you do get it, be glad its the 1200. Sounds better imo - from what I've heard. Never actually had one :p.
From what I've heard the 1200=more clarity - and overall cooler sounds. Makes a sound very much like the JE-1000, but IMO much clearer.

^Awesome!!:D

One weird thing is that some days ago, my dad told me: "You should really save your money. Let's say someone comes up to you and wants to sell you their custom guitar? What do you do then?"

:zombie:

Based on what?. I agree scooping mids makes you dissapear more easily in the mix but it gives a tighter tone, and it fits well for death/thrash metal..

Based on the simple fact that guitar is a mid range instrument. Cut the mids, cut the sound. It plainly sucks no matter what you do. It doesn't give you a 'tight' tone - it masks your untight playing. Two things that death/thrash metal guitarists do wrong: Scoop the mids, add too much gain.