Guitar Player's Thread

Wow, things about amps I didn't know. Thanks for informing :p

Nice axe pnote, must be a great thing to play :p What are Warmoth necks like?

I'm not sure if I read that correctly, but I guess, congratulations on that endorsement ;)

I found out about the Jackson Guitar Builder today. After some fiddling and posterior editing in Photoshop I made this picture that's based on something being seen so often in so many places that most people probably don't melt by it anymore.
http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/images/904785.png
I don't think the sticker's proportionally correct, it looks pretty weird like that.

@ s: congrats :D now it should also be easier getting other endorsements seeing as you already have this :D
dean markleys are great strings :D

Here's a recording i did with my blue V made from obscure parts of off evilbay
Going direct thru the AMT E-1 (ENGL Fireball in a box :p) and into the computer with and added some cab impulse

tell me what ya think:

http://kiwi6.com/file/7lb1nc2vdz

edit: fucked up bodom beach terror completely, not used to the new string height yet, but didnt bother to take it out :p

@ s: congrats :D now it should also be easier getting other endorsements seeing as you already have this :D

Yep it all helps build profile. We already have one for guitar straps and I had an amp built for me which did help somewhat getting this one.

Dean Markleys are great strings :D

So I hear, they're sending each guitarist in the band a complimentary set of their Steel Blue strings which I've been told by a friend are better than their standard sets.

s

That's great man :D you're on a roll, what kind of amp are they building?

What band are you playing in :p?

That's great man :D you're on a roll, what kind of amp are they building?

I had Pete Reynold's build me one of his amps to a unique spec. he's also never built a black one.

R.jpg

He doesn't build too many these days and services it free, I just pay for the valves.

s

Herp derp, a little panama cover with the ever so interesting J-50BC JE-1000 setup. I really love the crunch and clarity this setup has :D

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHILDREN-BO...234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e2f9dc42

Price: Discounted price US $10.24

HELLO,
HERE IS A COOL "CHILDREN OF BODOM PICTURE PAGE" FROM AN ESP PRODUCT GUIDE!
IT FEATURES ROOPE AND HENNKA WITH THEIR SIGNATURE GUITAR MODELS!
MADE OF PAPER AND MEASURES 9 X 10 3/4 INCHES.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS FROM MY PERSONAL COLLECTION. I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY IN ANY WAY.
INCLUDES EDGEWEAR WHERE THE PAGE WAS SEPERATED FROM THE BOOK.
WOULD LOOK GREAT FRAMED!
USE "BUY IT NOW", AND WE WILL SHIP THIS EXCELLENT CHILDREN OF BODOM PICTURE TO YOU SAFELY AND PROMPTLY!

Oh wtf.. really :lol:

Herp derp, a little panama cover with the ever so interesting J-50BC JE-1000 setup. I really love the crunch and clarity this setup has :D

What can I say, that sounds marvellous :D
I really need to get better pickups :erk: Uhh, and a better guitar, no way I'm modifying my current crappy chunk of wood :lol:

What can I say, that sounds marvellous :D
I really need to get better pickups :erk: Uhh, and a better guitar, no way I'm modifying my current crappy chunk of wood :lol:

Thanks man :D its a really great tone, even for things not omg Alexi like as you hear ;)

haha, it really depends on the guitar. My V in that has a body from an old Epiphone V - it's some kind of low grade poplar but still sounds decent imo

on pickups..well it really depends but you can get a lot of great pickups. I prefer the j-50bc and JE-1000 for me but sadly the price of the j-50bc has skyrocketed on ebay. Think I bought mine for 30 quid and made the JE-1000 myself so that was cheap enough :p

But really besides that, the best pups I've heard (and Ive had like 15 different in diff guitars and tried quite a few on friends) are surely Bare Knuckles. Just bang for your bucks, you know that with those its def. not the pickups that are lacking!

Look into th Rebel Yell, damn that one has some crunch and sweet tone.

http://www.thomann.de/fi/prs_se_mike_akerfeldt.htm

Suggest me a guitar like this that's got good playability and metal + clear sound. I've got bored with my RR24m somehow (maybe if it was the yellow one with ebony it would be a different thing). I've figured I won't be a good guitar player and I don't need the whammy bar for anything. I just want a guitar that's got good sounds for different types of metal, good playability and looks.

I tried this, it's a very good guitar, only problem is you can't quite reach the highest notes like in the RR24.

I believe 50K would be for active circuit(JE-1000 or whatever its called is active circuit, amirite?). Traditionally passive hums in a passive circuit use 500K pots