Guitar Player's Thread

The first guitar looks better, and is better. (well actually I cant say for sure, although I have tried that guitar in store and I was very impressed)

Another quick question to any Jackson RR owners preferably RR1's or RR5's. I was wondering besides one being more expensive and have a F.R. trem. Is there any difference playability wise? Like in the feel of the neck or anything. Is it the same specs and design within the 2 guitars? Ha I know this is kind of a dumb question but it will help me answer my questions of paranoia in which guitar to ultimately get. Basically I'm asking (not sound wise) does the RR5 play just like the RR1?

The RR1 is USA made, the RR5 Japan I think. So I think there will be a difference. The best thing is try them out first. ;)
See that's the only dilemma I have here. No guitar stores around stock ANY RR1's the closest are RR5's. So that's why I'm asking is there a huge difference in neck feel/playability. Cause that's pretty much the main thing I'm concerned about now, and they do play/feel the same then I can make my judgment on that!

Well, I have the same dilemma here. ;) You can look at the Jackson page for the specs of the neck and so on. http://www.jacksonguitars.com If I would have the money for the RR1, I would buy it. I don't really like the gold hardware on the RR5, and the rosewood fretboard. But I think you could get a used RR1 for the price of a RR5.

Edit: The user "jk2171" from the ESP boards tried to sell his Jackson RR1 for 1200$ shipped in the US. Maybe you could contact him, or I can if you want.

Which Guitar? I can't decide?

I'm deciding between getting another of almost the same type of guitar. The problem is I don't know which to decide on and need the people's decision! The first guitar is just the white version of the guitar I have now (which is a VERY nice guitar IMO) Of course it wont look just like the guitar in this link here (Guitar Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120130731072&rd=1&rd=1 Guitar details and specs inside.) I would change some thing and give it a pinstripe paint job. So it's not gonna be EXACTLY like it is on ebay. Kinda like the Jackson Guitar. Which is my other Choice. This is the 2nd guitar (Guitar Link: http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803060878 Guitar specs in link) But these are the 2 I'm deciding between and one is alot cheaper and I'm pretty sure just as good. But what do you guys say?

Imo, if you don't know what guitar to get you shouldn't be getting a new guitar.

Imo, if you don't know what guitar to get you shouldn't be getting a new guitar.

I agree slightly, it could be that he has a "beginner's kit" and has been playing for a while and feels that a better guitar would help him, in that case he could use a new guitar, even if he haven't even decided on a specific one.. If he on the other hand already has one (or more) decent guitar/s and just wants to be a poseur with a V, then i agree.

And frickin bump, the MAB one is pretty awesome, i haven't seen him doing stringskipped tapped arps before, so it looks like he has alot of new cool licks.

I just have to post this vid, because it's an awesome song!

This one is the introduction to speed kills 3, awesome stuff aswell!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow I suck at harmonizing, hah well to be fair I didnt have anything keeping me in tempo so it was hard to play two parts perfectly the same. Well this is the intro to Tears of Sahara( or something like the intro) and then some improv(which is bad cause I am not familar with the key).

and no I wasnt bored!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mbd6mg
and no my guitar isnt out of tune its out of intonation.

I like a guitar as a whole, not just the shape, and i'm not to fond of those two. I forgot that i like the Xiphos aswell, even though i'm not to fond of the colours they come in.

I just have to post this vid, because it's an awesome song!

This one is the introduction to speed kills 3, awesome stuff aswell!

@Buckethead video
Fuck yes, learned that song not too long ago.

@MAB video
Dude, didn't he just record 2 other dvds?

Last edited by a moderator: