Guitar Player's Thread

Help me i have money but i am torn between a xiphos and an seven string ibanez (i don't have a seven string but if i did i could play moar nevermore, devin townsend etc.)

http://www.thomann.de/fi/ibanez_xpt707fxgcm.htm<
Why not buy that? Then you have a xiphos that is a seven string :D
It's a bit pricier but im sure its worth it! It looks awesome too.

i got a 6505 and i have feedback problems, when loud.
what can i do?

i have a g-major noise gate and a boss ns-2 noise supressor, but when it kills the feedback, it cuts out the high tones and the sustain.
guitar: esp sv with emg 81

i dont wanna turn the gain down too much

^this, they are very un-versitle tone wise i warn you, i have one. Cleans suck, and the only tone controll that really does anything noticeable when you use them is the Midshift seletor.

Oh BTW, do you think it would be useful to people on the forums, to make a video demo of the GP-1000?, like with good SM-57 mic'ing for the audio, showing all of the features of the amp and how exactly all the controls affect the tone of the pre-amp? I remember when i was looking to buy one i could find absolutely no detailed reviews on the internet, it was kind of a shot in the dark.

Definitely!!!

yes do so please.
warheart already has one of those by the way

I have a ADA MP-1. ;)

I'm looking to get a GP-1000 one day though.

What is a better band name? Crawling into Kaitlin's Womb or Citvbokm?

My last band was a grunge band called Vanity Affair, when I was like 13. Thank god we broke up because I threw a rock at the drummers girlfriend and punched the bass player in the face for hitting on the girl I was trying to get in with.

HAhahahaha, it's meant to be a novelty black metal band. So shit that it rips the fuck out of all the bands that actually have serious names that make you lol.

What sort of name is Swabs anyways? I mean seriously.....
I kid.

My black metal band has the most awesome name evar.

Is it Evar or did you mean it has the most awesome name ever?

Half the people on the forum don't speak perfect english (which is very understandable) so sorry for double checking.

At Swabs:: Cool man, I as I said I was only playing around. I mean, what sort of a name is pac_tang? I'm not even Asian!

Il trade ya lol I want an MP-1 so bad, how do you like it? does it do the Gilbert tone well?

Oh shit? :D

Well, thing is, I only have a practise amp to go with it so I'm putting a Paul Gilbert fav preamp into something that costs like £30 so as you can probably guess, it sounds like crap but if I stick my Korg PX4 through it and even when I took it to some band practise and plugged it into a better combo amp, it sounded sweet. You can DEFINTELY hear the 1987 PG tone in it for sure. If you crank it and switch to the neck humbucker, it's near perfect.

I would record direct with it but because it doesn't have a built in speaker simulator, it just sounds like thin fuzz. I might bring all my gear down later actually and see if I can do something with that instead.

Oh shit? :D

Well, thing is, I only have a practise amp to go with it so I'm putting a Paul Gilbert fav preamp into something that costs like £30 so as you can probably guess, it sounds like crap but if I stick my Korg PX4 through it and even when I took it to some band practise and plugged it into a better combo amp, it sounded sweet. You can DEFINTELY hear the 1987 PG tone in it for sure. If you crank it and switch to the neck humbucker, it's near perfect.

I would record direct with it but because it doesn't have a built in speaker simulator, it just sounds like thin fuzz. I might bring all my gear down later actually and see if I can do something with that instead.

You should mess around with Guitar cab Impusles, you basically need a certain type of convolution reverb plugin (theres some good free ones) and then you can download these Impusle files people made of different poweramps/cabs/and mics and apply them to your fizzy shit pre-amp recordings and they sound super awesome for not being real, way better then like POD type cab modeling

youd just have to deal with hearing the fizz while you record, for the free reverb plugins have a tiny delay if you tried to use them in real time could be annoying

Ive started making the GP-1000 video review, should have it done and up on you tube by tonight, if any one has any specific requests for info about the pre-amp in the video tell me now, il try to go over everything but w/e

Ive started making the GP-1000 video review, should have it done and up on you tube by tonight, if any one has any specific requests for info about the pre-amp in the video tell me now, il try to go over everything but w/e

Explaine about the tubes.

about the pull switches

tell about artists using it

even play some bodom licks on it (in alexi tuning) i can give you the numbers if you need

i have it like

Volume Full
Distortion Full- Pulled
Trebble full-pulled
middle 9 a clock
Mid shift 3
Bass 9 a clock-pulled
master 1 Off
master 2 10 A clock

most inportend is to let people hear the machine so play licks

like intro of lake bodom or something

than try other tunings and play licks

dont know if clean is a good option :p

I finished all of the taping/recording, ive got class for a few hours more, then il finish the video/line the audio up and all that fun stuff tonight